TO ALL FISHRAIDERS

Scratchie

To all fishraiders, 

Whilst fishing is the passion that we all share, albeit a pass time, an activity or for the hunter gatherer inside us etc etc! 
We are currently in the middle of a global pandemic of the likes we have never seen before. 
I can tell you now,  there are so many frustrations that we all share and for us fishos the inability to go fishing is high on the list. Although, just because the State Government has said we can still fish as a “passive exercise”. Does not mean you are entitled to hook up your boat and travel to your usual ramp to go fishing! 
You must stay local to your area, you must not leave your home for non essential travel and you can’t go to your holiday house! These rules are there to protect us all. 
Please, stay at home, look after your family, practise social distancing, use clean hygiene and just wait until we have been given the all clear and the fish will be waiting for you! 
Personally, I’m bored and can not wait to go fishing again BUT I look at my family and think is that the one extra trip that I take that  may have a significant impact on my family???? 

84C18292-12BE-465C-999D-2F354C8BA069.thumb.jpeg.b162845b0f98132d495d3df6711419ea.jpeg

Kind Regards, 

Mod team, Community Manager and all responsible fishraiders!!! 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Yes! stay local saw a cop who was at wallys looking at car regos, they are out.

To what i have seen anything more than a 10 minute drive is not local. 

there was a 5 car line up at wallys wharf and WAY to many boats going in & out while i was sitting there on my yak pulling out squid

Alot more people on the hacking today than usual. just imagine the harbour or botany bay. 

Keep it up and no one will be fishing

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Restyle said:

there was a 5 car line up at wallys wharf and WAY to many boats going in & out while i was sitting there on my yak pulling out squid

Keep it up and no one will be fishing

That's just it, how do you know where they came from?

Hopefully the police are doing what they have been instructed to!

The thing is according to the nsw government they have a right to be there, its how many all want to do it at the same time that is going to create the issue!

Edited by kingie chaser

Yep, the first Easter in my 8 1/2 years at Bunnings that I haven’t had to work and I can’t go fishing! 😳😂 Oh well, I took the dog for a walk down to the beach the other day and watched the tuna smashing baitfish. That will have to do! There are definitely people flouting the laws. I heard a report today of (because Port Stephens ramps are closed) lots of boats putting in at Newcastle and cruising up to Port to fish - long haul for an “essential” feed! I’m respecting Marine Rescue’s request for us to stay off the water! Definitely a few holidaymakers in Woolies today while I ducked in to find some hot cross buns (been none on the last 3 visits) and a can of pineapple pieces (for whole crispy skin sweet and sour snapper tonight 😋). I also spotted a certain former rugby league player and TV sports presenter who lives on the central coast at the shops and he is no doubt in his (or his in-laws’) holiday home 300 metres down the street from me.

What part of “STAY AT HOME” do people not understand?!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

Yep, the first Easter in my 8 1/2 years at Bunnings that I haven’t had to work and I can’t go fishing! 😳😂 Oh well, I took the dog for a walk down to the beach the other day and watched the tuna smashing baitfish. That will have to do! There are definitely people flouting the laws. I heard a report today of (because Port Stephens ramps are closed) lots of boats putting in at Newcastle and cruising up to Port to fish - long haul for an “essential” feed! I’m respecting Marine Rescue’s request for us to stay off the water! Definitely a few holidaymakers in Woolies today while I ducked in to find some hot cross buns (been none on the last 3 visits) and a can of pineapple pieces (for whole crispy skin sweet and sour snapper tonight 😋). I also spotted a certain former rugby league player and TV sports presenter who lives on the central coast at the shops and he is no doubt in his (or his in-laws’) holiday home 300 metres down the street from me.

What part of “STAY AT HOME” do people not understand?!!!

Don’t piss me off Baz! I made over 800 packets off Hot Cross buns yesterday and it nearly killed me! So there should have been plenty. We normally don’t open Good Friday so think yourself lucky we did! 
Mare if your struggling for essentials then send me a text. Lol 😝 

• Haha 2

I understand your comments Scratchie, and the need to kept distance from others. It may be some time before this problem rectifies itself, and we are allowed to mingle again.

I am lucky that my boat is kept at my mother's place, in a boat shed, I am 10 minutes away, I am fishing by myself, no contact with other people at all, and I keep distance from mum and provide her with some fresh fish every week. I spoke to the Maritime officer on Port Hacking last week, no problem with her allowing me to have a fish, though I do it during the week.

No fishing in Victoria at all. Earlier this week, about 30 boat trailers were parked at the boat ramp at Lakes Entrance, each car received a first and final warning note to stay home. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Don’t piss me off Baz! I made over 800 packets off Hot Cross buns yesterday and it nearly killed me! So there should have been plenty. We normally don’t open Good Friday so think yourself lucky we did! 
Mare if your struggling for essentials then send me a text. Lol 😝 

Mate... I should have gone to NB Woolies then... but that would be a non-essential journey, whereas I drive past Salamander shops on my way home from work, so I don’t feel bad about popping in for 5 minutes for perishables.  3 days in a row, they’ve only had gluten free hot cross buns. I tried them but man, they just taste horrible! I think I’ll be putting them in the berley pot (when I can)! 😂

Have a safe, healthy and happy Easter with your family, mate! Stay well.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, letsgocrabbing said:

Hey Scratchie great advice but to make this relevant so no one breaks the law,, have you found the definition of local? Is it your nearest boat ramp, foreshore or wharf ?

That definition will be determined by the authorities! 
The main point of this post is that we are receiving lots of posts and PM’s asking if it’s legal or not,  in many different areas to go fishing! 
Our position is, if it’s not essential travel then stay home! 
It is for the individual to decide whether they take the trip or not! 

Regards scratchie mod team 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, letsgocrabbing said:

Hey Scratchie great advice but to make this relevant so no one breaks the law,, have you found the definition of local? Is it your nearest boat ramp, foreshore or wharf ?

Raiders we are doing what we can here. 
Fishraider, myself and the mod team do NOT make the rules. 
We have provided as many links as possible for you to read and decide how YOU as an individual citizen will behave. 

We are a community and all communities are banding together during this crisis. All the fishing bodies are pushing out public health information and we are assisting. We have a responsibility to appeal to anglers to follow the rules and regulations put down by all the fishing and boating bodies and government.

You have no idea what myself and the moderators are dealing with behind the scenes. There is starting to be a slight level of personal attack and abuse. Some nasty stuff is directed at me and mods. We are spending lots of time trying to answer questions. We are trying hard to keep fishraider a great place to be. We are also dealing with personal issues and indeed the isolation restrictions. 
Please arm yourself with the info and decide on how you will behave. Know that if you don’t like this forum or how it is run you can leave and find another. 

Thanks to the many members who are doing a great job leading interesting discussions, games and links to fishing related info. I am even enjoying watching 

Lastly be kind to each other - there is light at the end of the tunnel. 
We are expecting an explosion of great fishing reports down the track ;)

mrsswordfisherman 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

I would ring the NSW police & ask what there definition is of 'local'!

Could be the same postcode, could be the police local command area or region?

According to our Local Copper, if your suburb has all of the essential services then there should be no need for you to leave your post code.

Doctors

Supermarket

Parks

Chemist

Service Station (Fuel, Bread Milk) alternative to super markets less crowds

Bottle Shop we did laugh about this one

If you don't have the above services one post code over will have them so there is no need for someone from Blacktown to be in Concord.

I'm lucky as we have all essentials plus a boat ramp or two, but using my brain I wont be going out in the boat over Easter as there will be heaps of Muppets who haven't used their boat in years looking to just get out of the house and fishing is the excuse.

If I need to go fishing it will be after Easter and during the week, work would be happy for people to take a day off.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, jeffb5.8 said:

According to our Local Copper, if your suburb has all of the essential services then there should be no need for you to leave your post code.

Doctors

Supermarket

Parks

Chemist

Service Station (Fuel, Bread Milk) alternative to super markets less crowds

Bottle Shop we did laugh about this one

If you don't have the above services one post code over will have them so there is no need for someone from Blacktown to be in Concord.

I'm lucky as we have all essentials plus a boat ramp or two, but using my brain I wont be going out in the boat over Easter as there will be heaps of Muppets who haven't used their boat in years looking to just get out of the house and fishing is the excuse.

If I need to go fishing it will be after Easter and during the week, work would be happy for people to take a day off.

I’m with your local copper on that. We do what we need to do in our own postcode or immediate neighbouring postcode at least. If, for example, we need to do an hour’s exercise in a park (if they’re not closed), we do it in our immediate neighbourhood, not drive across town to another park. If what we want to do is not available in our neighbourhood, we’d have to ask ourselves if it’s essential. If we want to fish for exercise but can’t in our own neighbourhood, then, IMO, it is not reasonable to leave our neighbourhood to do so and we must find something else to do that is socially and medically responsible. There are too many people looking for loopholes! 😶

Many thanks to Donna and the mods for the great job you are doing! 😎🙏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

I’m with your local copper on that. We do what we need to do in our own postcode or immediate neighbouring postcode at least. If, for example, we need to do an hour’s exercise in a park (if they’re not closed), we do it in our immediate neighbourhood, not drive across town to another park. If what we want to do is not available in our neighbourhood, we’d have to ask ourselves if it’s essential. If we want to fish for exercise but can’t in our own neighbourhood, then, IMO, it is not reasonable to leave our neighbourhood to do so and we must find something else to do that is socially and medically responsible. There are too many people looking for loopholes! 😶

Many thanks to Donna and the mods for the great job you are doing! 😎🙏

Well boat ramps aren't as prevalent as chemists, supermarkets etc. The spirit of the definition 'local' is to stop you going on a road trip to go fishing, eg Sydney to the South Coast. As one of the advisories said this would be against the spirit of the regulation. If you nearest boat ramp is a few suburbs away then that should be fine.

5 minutes ago, kingfishbig said:

Well boat ramps aren't as prevalent as chemists, supermarkets etc. The spirit of the definition 'local' is to stop you going on a road trip to go fishing, eg Sydney to the South Coast. As one of the advisories said this would be against the spirit of the regulation. If you nearest boat ramp is a few suburbs away then that should be fine.

Yes, I‘ve heard that view and some people have reported that the police are saying 30km is OK and maybe it is. Or maybe within your local government area is OK.

Me? Today I’ve been tidying up the garden and I think I may have discovered an alternative toilet paper solution...

3AD87B4E-465E-49FE-B7CE-BBA3F606A046.jpeg

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

Me? Today I’ve been tidying up the garden and I think I may have discovered an alternative toilet paper solution...

Well Baz,

they won't tear during use, and you can wash them and hang them out to dry for next time.  🤣

Dave.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Well Baz,

they won't tear during use, and you can wash them and hang them out to dry for next time.  🤣

Dave.

Yes, they’re a lot tougher than the lettuce leaves and stale bread I’d been saving. 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

You have no idea what myself and the moderators are dealing with behind the scenes. There is starting to be a slight level of personal attack and abuse. Some nasty stuff is directed at me and mods. We are spending lots of time trying to answer questions. We are trying hard to keep fishraider a great place to be. We are also dealing with personal issues and indeed the isolation restrictions. 
Please arm yourself with the info and decide on how you will behave. Know that if you don’t like this forum or how it is run you can leave and find another. 

mrsswordfisherman 

Thank you Donna for running this forum, also the other mods as well for their great contributions and help.

Donna does not make the current restrictive rules and regulations, it is done by various government bodies in an effort to prevent many people from catching the corona virus, and spreading it to others. It is very easily spread from human to human.

As Donna stated, if you don't like this forum, then leave and find another one.

Dave.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

I’m spending Easter at home with these Muppets 

81C4B369-4545-4C10-A08F-B936D84A8F78.png

To cute Zoran 👌

I saw one of these mini Pomeranians the other day, I want one but I think if it came near my mouth while I was sleeping I would inhale it 🤣

893182490_Pommerarian.thumb.jpg.c78dd12e9baf3842fd8e98ee32764a4a.jpg

Saw this cartoon on FB today, thought it was humorous

92927086_10157059038026905_2443374746864189440_n.jpg.5ac320b1a688cacd712a8563007d2967.jpg

• Like 3

In regards to 'local I think a bit of common sense is all that is required, if your travelling to say a boat ramp that you need to pass five other boat ramps to get to the one you consider local that is not in the spirit of the legislation. 

• Like 3

On 4/11/2020 at 12:01 PM, Berleyguts said:

Yes, I‘ve heard that view and some people have reported that the police are saying 30km is OK and maybe it is. Or maybe within your local government area is OK.

image.png.2f845b8b29f184a643dd5eccfbb32860.png

• Haha 1