Back in the NT smashing Barra

Wildcat

Due to work COVID travel restrictions I thankfully moved back to Darwin 4 months ago.

After enduring a freezing wet NSW winter with very minimal fishing activity I arrived in the NT to a exceptional wet season.

This year’s runoff is producing superb Barra fishing in all the hot spots smashing our keep every session.

As you have to religiously up here, studying the tides (+7 meters), weather conditions and winds is crucial to safely launching and retrieving your craft, not to mention the crocs wanting to eat you at the ramps & box jelly fish stings getting caught in your trebles.

The above conditions were perfect for a trip to the mouth of Sampan creek launching at Shady camp barrage. With a 40min scenic trip out to the mouth, dodging logs, crocs and swirling currents we arrived to perfect conditions.

After an hour or so on the sounder locked on down scan & setting my trolling lines, I sunk the trebles into this 105cm chromey.

Thanks big girl, hope to see you again, enjoy another day 😀.

9F878344-1206-4C64-A3D7-BFE009CAFBCA.thumb.jpeg.4fb11eb25963d48b4c8ce5e19b8cf05b.jpeg

• Like 13

Shady camp is an epic spot and that’s a cracking fish! I was blown away how the tide works there. On low tide the sea side looks like a baron wasteland. 
Thanks for the report and keep them coming. I love the NT! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

Bit off fun guys.....

This is a picture of the Arsenal I used on the day, guess which lure I landed the big girl on and why ??? from left 1-5.

Will reveal on Sunday night 14th with some reason of choice !!! 😀

Tip: 3 meters of water under the boat....🤔

82DB6C20-3F92-40C2-9BDF-43E1FA6EA64D.jpeg

Great Barra, write up & photos 

I’ll go no.5  because of the dirty water as that bomber would stand out nicely in those conditions, depth can be varied by speed, height of rod tip & length of line fed out. Mind you no.2 has some good battle scars & would also suit conditions