Fishing desperado (Nillus piscatorialis)

Pickles

Only ever catch and release - bread for bait, but they also take 1-11/2” white curly tail grubs (Big Neil gave me some of these to try. They are deadly - from strike Tiger in Tasmania, they also make a 1 1/2” tabby in motor oil colour - fantastic on bream)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pickles said:

Only ever catch and release - bread for bait, but they also take 1-11/2” white curly tail grubs (Big Neil gave me some of these to try. They are deadly - from strike Tiger in Tasmania, they also make a 1 1/2” tabby in motor oil colour - fantastic on bream)

Glad you got to try them Bob. I cracked up laughing at the photo of the boat in the dam. Can't keep a good man down, not for long anyway. I reckon those Strike Tiger nymphs will be ideal for bait fishing too (yakkas, slimies, etc). Can't wait to get the all clear for travel again. Haven't been fishing for ages. Still laughing at the photo! Neil

Gordo - Ineed to ask you for advice on snapper mate - I only catch them off the side of the reef drop offs early morning before the Kingies start mooching around. Although as the squid and cuttlies are dying at present, I reckon flicking a sluggo of squid strips at the floating dead cephalopods would be the way to go.

• Like 1