Lock down first

rickmarlin62

Good onya Rick. Somehow I interpreted the (ever changing) regulations to mean that I couldn't go fishing if it were more than 5kms from my home. The nearest river access is about 13 kms from my place, so naturally I haven't been out for ages. The LGA which I live in is roughly 60km by 60km and encompasses the river in many locations. Therefore, I believe that I CAN go fishing. The Murray Cod season has closed for 3 months and at this time of year I usually set about targeting Carp. So that's on the agenda as part of my "exercise" regime (LOL). Watch this space, bn

• Like 6

5 hours ago, big Neil said:

Good onya Rick. Somehow I interpreted the (ever changing) regulations to mean that I couldn't go fishing if it were more than 5kms from my home. The nearest river access is about 13 kms from my place, so naturally I haven't been out for ages. The LGA which I live in is roughly 60km by 60km and encompasses the river in many locations. Therefore, I believe that I CAN go fishing. The Murray Cod season has closed for 3 months and at this time of year I usually set about targeting Carp. So that's on the agenda as part of my "exercise" regime (LOL). Watch this space, bn

You 100% correct I was anchored 5k from my place water police checked me for safety kit etc and also advised I could go to any foreshore in my LGA. However its different if your in an area of concern.

• Thanks 1

Good stuff, Rick. Yeah, I think it’s about time I soaked a bait, too. I feel less guilty about a short session down the road than I do going out in the boat for several hours. Will have to check the tide chart. 🤔 I just got a negative Covid result back a few minutes ago, so I can step out of iso after a possible exposure at work.

11 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

I did something I hadn't done for ages yesterday  went an sat at local creek  threw out on bottom with pieces of king prawn and sat n had a beer  first fish in months  a few undersized bream and a small flounder  gee I miss fishin

IMG_1775.jpg

Good work mate.Love the beard.Xmas is coming up and we are looking for someone to play Santa.Intrested?What's with drinking Lolly water?A big burley bloke like  you should be sinking Tequillas while fishing.😂😂

Let's hope these restrictions are lifted soon.

On 9/6/2021 at 6:12 AM, rickmarlin62 said:

I did something I hadn't done for ages yesterday  went an sat at local creek  threw out on bottom with pieces of king prawn and sat n had a beer  first fish in months  a few undersized bream and a small flounder  gee I miss fishin

IMG_1775.jpg

Been catching blue nose bream of the beaches the fish don't know we're in lockdown 5k radis sux.