Port Hacking almost snappers.

hookerbruce

Went out in Port Hacking this morning looking for a few fish for a feed. I found the fishing a bit slow but over a couple of hours managed a feed from the deeper water. Surprising how hard the little reddies go on little 2 kg outfits.

20211008_174508_resized.jpg

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Very nice catch there Bruce. None left for me now. 🤣

Were you solo, or with crew?

I was solo getting the boat in was okay then I just fished a couple of places then someone met me at the ramp and took the boat out. Thanks Dave

14 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Nice bag Bruce👍

What baits did you pick them up on?

Baits were IQF pillies pieces and whole, squid strips from a squid I caught a previous trip fresh enough you could eat it, and a few old slimies that had been laying loose in the freezer for a couple of months. 

1 on the pillies  the rest on fillets off the old slimies. Why do we bother with good bait. 

20 minutes ago, hookerbruce said:

Baits were IQF pillies pieces and whole, squid strips from a squid I caught a previous trip fresh enough you could eat it, and a few old slimies that had been laying loose in the freezer for a couple of months. 

1 on the pillies  the rest on fillets off the old slimies. Why do we bother with good bait. 

Old stinky bait is sometimes better than fresh stuff, but if it was me, I would be going for the fresh stuff. 😂

Nice catch mate 👍 

I was out there too on Friday - all the pinkies I was catching were 25cm plus that day. One after the next. Like you mentioned  - none of those pesky babies around in that area. 

all of mine were between 25-29cm, just couldn’t get one over the 30. Must of brought up at least 10 in that size range.

Managed a 44cm Trev though.

9 hours ago, Tunastrike11 said:

The size limit for reds should be increased no words for that catch.

🙄🙄🙄

He probably caught & released 10 times that number of undersized to get 5 keepers.

A mate & I fished the hacking once & between the 2 of us we caught 150 squire in 4 hours & we did not bring a fish home!!

Biggest was about 26cm.

There are millions of them in there!!!  

Taking just legal fish wont hurt overall fish numbers, that's what the size & bag limits are for.

If the DPI were to find that the size limit should be increased as they have done with other species then so be it.

Until them 30cm is 30cm.

• Like 3