First king on Soft plastics - middle harbour

nal

Hey everyone,

Decided to head out for a morning fish early this morning with live yellowtail and surface plastics, the first hour was met with nothing for the yakkas except one take which just pulled it straight off the hook. Then, small and scattered bust ups started to appear around us, so for the next 30minutes we were playing cat and mouse with this school of mystery fish. Finally I managed to get a good cast in right on top of a bust up which appeared basically at our feet, then, as I am jigging the weightless 5in jerkshad along the surface I see a dark shadow come up from behind and suddenly my lure disappears. I was on, after a 5-10minute fight on light gear (6lb line and 2500 reel) I get it to the surface and to my elation I see it’s a kingfish, my first king on soft plastics. So cool to get these rats on soft plastics, easily the best way to catch fish. Tried chasing the school of kings around for the next hour but they managed to allude us as the bust ups would only last for 10-20 seconds with only a few fish hitting the surface.

AF36ACFB-C64E-49C1-884E-4EC9F610F06E.jpeg

• Like 19

2 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

Good report & photo, funny how those kings can bring you to your knees 😄 looks almost legal, how did it measure up

Haha so true, especially on the light gear, however not legal it went 57cm, would’ve been great if it was legal.

20 minutes ago, leonardgid said:

stunning  fish , hope it was legal

Sadly no, she went 57cm, just a good picture haha. Although for a second when I was bringing it up it did look legal but alas it was not.

8 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

Well done, always feels great when its a first of something.

They almost look like a metery when you push them towards the camera like that 😜😂

Haha, all about the fight and the picture 

19 hours ago, Max_fish said:

Sadly no, she went 57cm, just a good picture haha. Although for a second when I was bringing it up it did look legal but alas it was not.

its always the case , many many Jew are like that , when you wish to take one home 

8 hours ago, leonardgid said:

its always the case , many many Jew are like that , when you wish to take one home 

Couldn’t agree more, always good to see them swim off though, especially when it’s a fish that you enjoy to catch.