BARRYCUDA (Haines Hunter 635L) looking for a new home

zmk1962

Hey Raiders,

It's very much a bittersweet moment for Maria and I ... but after many wonderful years enjoying BARRYCUDA earlier this year we decided to treat ourselves to an upgrade for our retirement and hence we have put barry up for sale. A few raiders are already aware, as they have either seen the for sale sign on barry, or have seen the gumtree ad or because they have helped us on the side in our decision making. One raider even saw me towing the rig on Cumberland Highway and immediately reached out!  Fishraiders are everywhere ! 🧐   

All the COVID dramas definitely delayed our inspection, selection and decision making but we have put money down on a new rig and it's time to find barry a new home. 

So this is just a courtesy FYI to all .... as the raiders that know have all asked if I will be posting on Fishraider ... and Donna has kindly approved.

If anyone is interested, just PM me or search gumtree for "Haines Hunter 635L" or just "635L". 

Cheers and Tight Lines !

Zoran

😥

image.png.c493cdb738b61e3477d6c1df08437824.png

• Like 7

5 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

I have had the pleasure of a day in Barrycuda and can advocate as to how great a rig this boat is. Its meticulously maintained, rides soft and feels so safe to be inside (we went out to Browns that day)

Goodluck Zoran

Thanks Sam ... barry is a beast.. yes we missed the marlin but got a beauty of a blue eye cod as by catch ! ... can't complain about that....   

I think we're all entitled to spoil our selves at some point, Maria and I decided this was the time for us, so we've gone all out on our new rig, it was a very difficult search to find something that replaced barry's size and capability and we probs ended up spending more than we should have ... but you only live once.

Cheers Z

1 hour ago, Fab1 said:

That will be a sad day when she's gone mate.You've put alot of blood,sweat,tears and $$$ into that boat.All the best with the new one and hope it serves you well like this one has.

Bittersweet mate for sure. I have a life time of memories on barry, and every cent or drop of sweat put into barry was purely out of love for boating and fishing ... pretty sure we got out share back. No regrets ... you only live once.

Hmmm... Did I say that already??  🤣

Also I'm sure I'll see barry on the water for years to come .....

Cheers Z

• Like 1

I to have had the pleasure several times of enjoying both Zoran & Others company on board Barrycuda & experiencing the great ride & performance of Barry with both the old two stroke & now the new 4 stroke mercury. I think the purpose built pod that the donk sits on makes for an amazing ride and has turned Barry into an absolute weapon, I’ve been on quite a few boats some bigger than Barry & I can honestly say only a 48 & 35 Bertram have had a more comfortable ride, but non in my experience have been able to do 60 odd km/r all the way back from the shelf without having to touch the throttle till the heads on bugger all fuel for a good day out.

As far as being the ideal fishing vessel I give it👍 👍😎👍👍, Z has put a lot of effort & well thought out gadgets to make a day out fishing not only safe, easy but also pleasurable with everything that’s needed within reach. 

The only thing the new lucky owner would maybe want to add on to make Barry a complete all round fishing weapon would be outriggers & maybe an upgraded live bait tank.

If I was 15 years younger Z you would’ve already had my  money

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 61 crusher said:

I to have had the pleasure several times of enjoying both Zoran & Others company on board Barrycuda & experiencing the great ride & performance of Barry with both the old two stroke & now the new 4 stroke mercury. I think the purpose built pod that the donk sits on makes for an amazing ride and has turned Barry into an absolute weapon, I’ve been on quite a few boats some bigger than Barry & I can honestly say only a 48 & 35 Bertram have had a more comfortable ride, but non in my experience have been able to do 60 odd km/r all the way back from the shelf without having to touch the throttle till the heads on bugger all fuel for a good day out.

As far as being the ideal fishing vessel I give it👍 👍😎👍👍, Z has put a lot of effort & well thought out gadgets to make a day out fishing not only safe, easy but also pleasurable with everything that’s needed within reach. 

The only thing the new lucky owner would maybe want to add on to make Barry a complete all round fishing weapon would be outriggers & maybe an upgraded live bait tank.

If I was 15 years younger Z you would’ve already had my  money

Thanks Dieter ... yes if time (work) permitted we'd have had many more sessions out. I think if I was hanging on to barry I'd be upgrading the electronics before the riggers ... live tank works aok  -  Yowie and I took a livie from Sydney Heads to browns and back to 12mile before releasing him all sprightly and lively wondering where the F he was and how did he get there ! 🤣

Cheers Zoran 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

I to have had the pleasure several times of enjoying both Zoran & Others company on board Barrycuda & experiencing the great ride & performance of Barry with both the old two stroke & now the new 4 stroke mercury. I think the purpose built pod that the donk sits on makes for an amazing ride and has turned Barry into an absolute weapon, I’ve been on quite a few boats some bigger than Barry & I can honestly say only a 48 & 35 Bertram have had a more comfortable ride

Couldn't agree more Dieter.

The person buying this vessel will appreciate how well it has been maintained over the years & the new power train set up gives everything it needs in power & also economy.

I had the opportunity to have a ride out to Browns with Zoran & Dieter in the Barry enjoyed every second of the ride out & the ride in 🙂 

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Barrycuda is indeed a stable, well built, seaworthy boat (it is a Haines after all). I have been out on “Barry” (and several times recently) and after owning 7 boats of my own, can agree wholeheartedly with Deiter. 

You can tell a lot about the item you are purchasing, by how a person maintains their home and assets. It would be hard to find a better maintained and optioned vessel -(a look around Zoran’s workshop and garage will confirm to the most vigilant critic, that he assiduously maintains his stuff and next to Maria and his family “Barry’” is a treasured asset.) 

Whoever ends up with this boat, will be thankful for the care and thought that has gone into its setup and servicing many years after their purchase.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

A short update to close out this topic.

After receiving a positive report from a full pre purchase inspection and water test carried out by a marine engineer survey company BARRYCUDA now has a new  owner. The new owner is a very very keen fisho, who drove down on Saturday for the “personal inspection“ and at 2am this morning started the long tow back to Mackay.  

… and so ends this chapter with many happy memories …

Tight lines everyone. 

cheers Zoran 

• Like 5

Congratulations Zoran.

I have been putting my pennies aside , but pennies are not dollars so only dreaming.

I have a good mate that lives up at Mackay and I will get in touch with him and tell him to keep his eye out for the boat.

When do you get the new one ?.

Frank

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, frankS said:

Congratulations Zoran.

I have been putting my pennies aside , but pennies are not dollars so only dreaming.

I have a good mate that lives up at Mackay and I will get in touch with him and tell him to keep his eye out for the boat.

When do you get the new one ?.

Frank

Thanks Frank. Never stop dreaming mate - hope is one of the most powerful forces.

When I signed for the rig I took the second last 720 build slot for 2022.. the new rig is due to be handed over in August. I'm ok with that, as I want them to take their time  and do the job properly with no rushing or cutting corners. 

Regarding your Mackay mate ... well I was told there is the possibility that barrycuda will appear on some TV fishing shows filmed up there ! 

Cheers Z

PS - It was a nice way to end a very busy week. Been handling lot's of enquiries, then the half day boat test, then we had an electrical storm on Thursday that blew out my NBN modem, printer, wifi extenders etc ... despite all these devices sitting behind surge protectors. It must have been a very close strike.... and it's taken a while to buy and get everything set up and working again.  Think I'm just going to chill for a while.

• Like 2

Zoran. The problem with giving them more time so they will do a better job is what they will do is put your boat away in a corner of the factory somewhere while they get everyone elses boat on the water and then when you enquire how your boat is going they will then continue work on it at the same pace as every other boat that they do. They work at the same pace and quality control with every boat no matter how long they are given to complete the job.

Frank

I hear you Frank. I guess what I was trying to say is, I am not inclined to try and pressure them to get my hull out sooner. 

CC build many hull sizes and configurations, they have a full year's worth of production slots calendared for different molds and you get to buy a boat allocated to a build slot .... so you are correct they have their procedures and production pace around that calendar schedule. As far as I know they do not change their yearly planned production schedule for anyone as it disrupts their whole production line and supply chain. As it was explained to me, it's one of the ways they control quality.

Cheers Z

It was a privilege to go out in the Barrycuda on the one occasion, you could see the care & attention to detail taken in looking after it & also the way it was set out.

Im sure the same detail & thought will go into the new rig Zoran & new fond memories created.

The Barrycuda may be gone to a new owner but will never be forgotten :thumbup:

• Like 1