Flattie fever

Pickles

After a feed of bream last night - I had to get some decent eating fish, so buddy Steve (The Bream Man) and I anchored at West Head and filled up the live bait tank with Yakkas and headed out to the 40m mark directly off Lion Island.

First drop produced a healthy 58cm Blue spot, so we knew we were “on the spot”. Over the next 2 hours we boated about 30-40 ”Blue Spot” Flatties, the biggest going 68cm, (anything under 40 was returned). Also caught a few rays, shovel nose, snapper  and quite a few grinners. The biggest flattie was caught on Zoran’s. @zmk1962 , secret flathead dropper rig - which is a deadly setup (Zoran is a genius).

460F437C-1A03-47B9-8D87-D86B2E79E3C4.jpeg

681CADAC-36BE-4249-BAFE-3F8617DECEE5.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
Pics added
  • Like 13

19 hours ago, Pickles said:

After a feed of bream last night - I had to get some decent eating fish, so buddy Steve (The Bream Man) and I anchored at West Head and filled up the live bait tank with Yakkas and headed out to the 40m mark directly off Lion Island.

First drop produced a healthy 58cm Blue spot, so we knew we were “on the spot”. Over the next 2 hours we boated about 30-40 ”Blue Spot” Flatties, the biggest going 68cm, (anything under 40 was returned). Also caught a few rays, shovel nose, snapper  and quite a few grinners. The biggest flattie was caught on Zoran’s. @zmk1962 , secret flathead dropper rig - which is a deadly setup (Zoran is a genius).

460F437C-1A03-47B9-8D87-D86B2E79E3C4.jpeg

681CADAC-36BE-4249-BAFE-3F8617DECEE5.jpeg

Top catch Bob. The smiles say it all … but where is the magic banana 🍌???

…. And thanks for the mention on the sinker jig👍… I may have worked out the flatties but I’m no genius…. Yesterday’s fail on the kings very much proves it!

cheers Zoran 

2 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Top catch Bob. The smiles say it all … but where is the magic banana 🍌???

…. And thanks for the mention on the sinker jig👍… I may have worked out the flatties but I’m no genius…. Yesterday’s fail on the kings very much proves it!

cheers Zoran 

Camping & got hungry and ate the bananas (had2)

• Haha 1