Bonanza on Kingies - Sydney heads & reefs

Pickles

Headlands & reefs off Sydney heads firing.

yakkas we’re easy at George’s Head and perfect size. Kingies we’re schooling off Dee Why reef and hungry for our baits. Burleyed up with old Pillies and Yakkas.

Rig was my standard Daiwa Demon Blood 64 CJ rod - Stella 80 reel, 80lb leader, 2hook (snood) Mustad 7/0’s on paternoster with no 8 sinker. 
wearing my new Wallabies fishing shirt - a gift from my buddy & brother @The Rev

21 fish caught- most tagged and a few each for a feed. Biggest went 87, several over 80cm - thank you God for a great day.

0CB8BE93-EBB2-4DF4-82AC-CF5314E2648E.jpeg

253E6245-852D-47FC-80B7-0A1CCE079094.jpeg

758160CD-20A0-4A4E-A1F4-0EA752CEE708.jpeg

A73D2AF3-5E22-43D1-BAB7-1B5775D4229C.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
Additions
  • Like 17

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, motiondave said:

Thanks. I realised this is a month ago. I got 20;deg C on Sunday when I was out. So I'd say less kingies about now till weather warms up again. 

Checking my diary from last year, I was still getting good numbers of keeper Kingies right into May and some really big ones (a metre +) in June and July.

@Pickles..... i have identified you as a fraud !!!!!! That banana sir....is FAKE 😂. It caught my eye last report that you have the same size/bend radius banana every trip.

If you want to prove the mythbuster banana theory wrong u gotta have real bananas onboard

PS - great write up as always. Your braining them kingies

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, motiondave said:

Thanks. I realised this is a month ago. I got 20;deg C on Sunday when I was out. So I'd say less kingies about now till weather warms up again. 

The water has warmed up again though and 22.4 this morning g - temp all a function of EAC and where it is impacting the coast

On 4/26/2022 at 7:42 PM, GoingFishing said:

@Pickles..... i have identified you as a fraud !!!!!! That banana sir....is FAKE 😂. It caught my eye last report that you have the same size/bend radius banana every trip.

If you want to prove the mythbuster banana theory wrong u gotta have real bananas onboard

PS - great write up as always. Your braining them kingies

Doh, the secrets out.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2