Another day in paradise - fish going nuts (TYJ)

Pickles

Friend and (Christian brother Nathan) and his young bloke Harrison, twisted my arm to take them fishing (not much twisting needed) as the conditions were still windy and swell less than optimal, I decided on a Bass session again and as always, God was good, conditions were perfect (overcast and calm) and fish were in a fighting mood.

We launched at 6.30 and had boated 22 fish by 7.02 (not surprising as Bass are normally more active early and late). When we had the Tinnie strapped on and ready to go by 9.30 and boated 61 fish.

Lures we’re FeralCatts, Stuckey’s stump jumpers and prowlers, didn’t really seem to matter what we threw at them, they were hitting on the surface, deep diving and also got a few on some home made beetle spins with SP above the spinner blade. Colour wasn’t important either, but purple worked particularly well. The fish were so hungry you could see some of the school following a hooked fish and on one occasion, even got a double hookup on one lure, but multiple double and triple hookups. What a way to finish the year off (TYJ).

1E39368E-D07D-437B-A217-B163E8549625.jpeg

ACC04C97-A09C-4975-A088-F5D244360C47.jpeg

46FAC463-471A-4352-AB51-9AA382C92535.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
Spelling
  • Like 22

• Pickles changed the title to Another day in paradise - fish going nuts (TYJ)

Great result Bob and friends. You certainly have a great resource there, right on your doorstep. I know the good fortune will continue for you into 2023 so all I can say is "tight lines".

Say "Hi" to Julie from me and "best wishes for her retirement"

.Did you catch any on the home made spin bait adaptions?

Cheers, Neil (the exhausted)

Edited by big Neil
more info

Hey Bob I'm fishing tomorrow morning leaving from roseville boat ramp about 5.45 am with just a mates 16 year old who is a mad fisho chasing kings, wouldn't mind some of your skills and knowledge, I know it's late notice but just got the go from the Mrs. If it's not possible we must arrange a trip please.got a trophy pro so plenty of room cheers 

On 12/31/2022 at 2:24 PM, Pickles said:

Down the road from me Sam - happy to take you out and show you.

thats awesome! nice and close to the water~ one day mate, one day when i plan a trip your way, i'll sure be asking for a ride^^