More flatty releases in the Georges

jenno64

After releasing 2 good fish on Tuesday my son's mates were lining up for a trip so good ol' dad collected some nice poddies from the Hacking yetserday and took son plus one mate out this morning on the last of a huge run in tide. First stop saw 2 smaller flatties in the 40s caught a quickly released as the tide almost peaked. It was my son's mate's turn next with his first flatty ever released and then he picked up a mid 50s in the deep water to take home.

The plan was also to encounter a mulloway or king along the way as my son has both on his bucket list:)

We headed up river to another couple of spots and nothing in the deep but one spot fired with a PB upgrade for the mate at 64cm which was quickly released. 15 minutes later my son was next as he landed a fat 72cm girl on a livey then released her. This was a good follow up to the 80 he released on Tuesday:)IMG_E1778.thumb.JPG.76a3d30ecd7079705eb144c98b329db7.JPG

IMG_E1780.thumb.JPG.d445fafde6706c05c4d2fca6eda098bd.JPG

I decided to try a HB drift in the shallows while we waited for the tide to get some movement and I scored 71cm model on a double clutch, snapped and released within 2 minutes!IMG_E1788.thumb.JPG.9c2c43176a7e3aa2924fcf7dea2d303c.JPG

Tried a deep spot with our biggest baits but the wind started to misbehave and we had all caught a good fish so back to the ramp by lunchtime. It has been a good week on the Georges flatties and good to get my son and his mate onto a couple of quality fish. Only my son's mate took a fish home for the table and I have plenty of fillets in the freezer from the last week or so. Happy days and look out,  the rains are comin:)

IMG_E1785.JPG

Edited by jenno64
added details
  • Like 18

16 hours ago, big Neil said:

You've certainly got the Flathead code cracked in the Georges River Jenno. Would be great to have a supply of fresh Flathead in the freezer, on top of the fun catching them.

Cheers, bn

Thanks Neil, it's been good to string a few sessions together over the break, I learn something new to help me each outing:)

14 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

Wow they are great fish.

Cheers!

12 hours ago, Pickles said:

Great Flatties Rob - so interesting how shallow Flatties will go in summer

Yes Bob, they can turn up anywhere, I've spooked some crocs when walking out in 6" of water to place my poddy trap! They also perform a bit more when you hook them in the shallows:)

10 hours ago, Isaac Ct said:

Good stuff Jenno, nice to see you smashing the flatties. Good time of year for them, a few raiders are getting them as of late

Yes Isaac they seem to be widespread and plentiful!

10 hours ago, LuckyFil said:

Always great to get family and friends onto some good fish. Their smiles make it very satisfying 

It sure is! I've enjoyed getting friends and family onto good fish, I normally fish alone so it's a nice change and the pics are usually better!

9 hours ago, Rebel said:

Top video's & photos.

Well done to the team.

Thanks Rebel!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Haven’t tried for months! Also haven’t been out in the Hacking much due to holiday boat traffic, how about you?

Tried a few weeks back for nothing. Hearing reports of good sized ones on the inside of jibbon bommie. 
going to go for a fish tomorrow morning 

35 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Nice collection of flatties there Rob. 

Now have to throw back many because they are too big. 🤣

Dave I have plenty of fillets atm and it’s pretty rewarding releasing he bigger ones, just hope everyone else does the same so the grandkids can land a decent fish🙏🏻

• Like 1