NRL 2023 Season Chat

Rebel

There is some issues, no doubt about that, Tedesco (in my opinion) has been marked for a while now, everyone is awake to his style, and mark him easy. I think the main difference is simple passion and respect for the state/jumper, players like Tallis and co never say die, and now Tino, Carrigan, Cotter, Walsh, Holmes are all “on the bus” all of them good players, but in a Maroon jersey, are 10 foot tall and won’t die wondering, that last effort, that mateship can’t be bought or coached.

• Like 1

yeah, I agree, Teddy, has been kind of neutralized, for want of a better term, still a great player and one of the best still going around. But he also was left to cover some pretty ordinary performances from players in front of him not pulling there weight.

I guess I'd like to see, another talent like Walsh given an opportunity like Queensland has done, but I dunno whether there is another NSW young one with anywhere near the talent of Walsh.

Totally agree with the comparison on the two teams with respect to passion, respect for the jersey and that never die attitude, it's the players that can go to the next level again, when dawning there states jersey which is what Origin is all about, didn't see much of that last night, that's what disappointed me the most..

You can see how passionate and invested Slater and the Queensland players are, a very noticeable difference on the other side, all though, Luai and Addo-Carr were both passionately dedicated in their game plan to deal to Walsh above any other team game plan 😁..  

Hoping for something different for game 3, otherwise it would be very easy to loose interest in the dead rubber..

Edited by BaitDropper
  • Like 1

I haven’t watched it yet but I suspect it was a free flowing game with no boofheads or annoying commentary and plenty of hard tackles and skill-basically everything that the NRL get wrong the NRLW get right !

I don’t see why at least one ( preferably more )game in the NRLW series can’t be televised every week on free to air and pay tv.

• Like 1

I did too Reb's,  And actually quite enjoyed it.

The Womans game has sure developed, not sure if I would want to mix it with most of those players !!!.,

I follow the 7's in union and some of the top female teams/countries, are incredibly skillful..

• Like 1

I have to start off by saying that I'm not a RL fan but living in the Riverina, most of my friends follow RL AND AFL with a passion. I was drawn to this post by Rebel's comment "great refereeing". Now that's something that is never heard among my circle of friends. All I ever hear are gross expletives relevant to the pedigree of the referee.

That aside, I have just spent 3 days plonked on the sideline, in bitterly cold, windy conditions, watching one of the grandkids playing in the PSSA NSW selection games. They didn't do too well against the might of some of the coastal and city teams, but they did their best. Several of the teams had players resembling "Andre the Giant" playing and it was rather comical seeing half a dozen kids hanging off these U/12 giants, as they carried them over the try line. Reminded me of these little birds that sit atop the rhino as it goes about its business.

I would say that RL is secure for the immediate future because the standard of play from some of the teams was excellent and these players probably have another 8 years to develop their potential.

One disappointing situation though. The young boys and girls who refereed the games really enjoyed themselves, were punctual, and worked tirelessly for the entire tournament. As usual in most "sport" these days there are some folk who take pleasure in ridiculing the young match officials. GET A LIFE!

Not an NRL post per se, just thought I'd throw my 2 bobs' worth into the post. Carry on you RL fans, back to fishing for me...LOL

bn

• Like 3

Warriors with a big message, Bunnies game next week will be a cracker. 
Ever seen a bloke more dejected than Ben Hunt at his post match conference? Sheer cruelty to be on camera after that game. 
Warriors in a good position coming into their home games. Very pleasing result

• Like 1

Agree with comments above, the Warriors are looking the goods at the minute.

Can they go all the way ??  not sure yet, but I bet there will be some teams not wanting to meet them in the finals.

There list, is what amazes me, They have one of the best lists in the league, in my opinion.

Anyways, whether you support them or not, a strong Warriors outfit, is good for the league.

• Like 1

Warriors (in my opinion) will fizzle out right at the end, Roosters will “come good” but still fail, Sharks, like the Warriors, almost get there, Melbourne, stable and always a possibility, Broncos, a definite maybe, Rabbits, certainly in the mix, Penrith, like Melbourne, Raiders, fall short….again, everyone out of the 8 now are just making up the numbers.

• Haha 1

On 6/24/2023 at 6:50 AM, Mike Sydney said:

Warriors with a big message, Bunnies game next week will be a cracker. 
Ever seen a bloke more dejected than Ben Hunt at his post match conference? Sheer cruelty to be on camera after that game. 
Warriors in a good position coming into their home games. Very pleasing result

In a lot of ways, Hunt has bought the pressure on himself, he should have done the background work with the Dragons board (even though they are useless) before saying silly things in the media! Reporters are like Sharks circling a bait, as soon as the smell blood, it’s on, truth or not, they just blow anything out of shape. Ben Hunt being at the Dragons if he REALY doesn’t want to be there, and not just having a sook because they are going so bad, is just wasting everyone’s time, his team mates, the fans, the club the salary cap, the whole box and dice, both parties need to just move on for the benefit of all concerned.

• Like 2

Roosters only had brief moments of decent play, still thinking behind the scenes issues going on. Raiders just kept it simple and waited for Roosters mistakes. Latest gossip, Hunt to go to Broncos for the remainder of the year, then Titans on full contract. Also rumours Roosters have offered a “Cooper Cronk” type deal, save this year, then Premiership next year…..they will let Suaalii go, ditch Sam Walker and have the money for him, how it pans out?! Hunt might be forced to stay at Dragons, and all the gossip is moot…..

• Like 1