Hello Hello - Ive missed you

Gday Raiders

It has been a long time between reports. I really have missed you all dearly. I still check the site every few days but dont get around to posting much. I enjoy all the reports

Its been a period of big lifestyle change, kids are growing fast and more demanding of my time. Coaching soccer 3 days a week, sold the yellowfin in May last year, bought a smaller 5 Haines as a replacement. Most of my fishing these days is what i would call "light" fishing inside the bays to accomodate the kids.  

I hope you are all in good health.

TIGHT LINES.

Sam

image.thumb.jpeg.d197a0435d64aadb2794922b91fb7aae.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0f63c07958fb314044d9ec7e5f7da5bc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1c9f8767953f86fe553457cf3f016a84.jpeg

Edited by GoingFishing
  • Like 19

Now that’s a great report! … excellent stuff Sam. I’m sure you’re as happy inside as your kids are. You only get to spend time with them at that age once … wise decision. 
Welcome back. 
cheers Zoran 

• Like 2

Great going Sam. 

It's lower key fishing when you have kids, but a different kind of joy. I find the simpler you go, they more they enjoy it! And if fishing turns into (an intentional) swim, then so be it!

@zmk1962 is right, we got to enjoy spending time with them while they are young. I'm constantly reminded by older colleagues that sooner or later, you'll go to cuddle them and suddenly they'll start saying: 'um...yeah, like...don't stand too close to me dad!' 🤣

• Like 4

G'day Sam and a warm welcome back to the site. Lovely looking boat to keep you all occupied when you feel the urge to go fishing. Look forward to reading some reports now if you start to get among the sea creatures.

Cheers, bn

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Great going Sam. 

It's lower key fishing when you have kids, but a different kind of joy. I find the simpler you go, they more they enjoy it! And if fishing turns into (an intentional) swim, then so be it!

@zmk1962 is right, we got to enjoy spending time with them while they are young. I'm constantly reminded by older colleagues that sooner or later, you'll go to cuddle them and suddenly they'll start saying: 'um...yeah, like...don't stand too close to me dad!' 🤣

...and eventually, you reach a stage where you never see nor hear from them. Can only hope they turn up to the funeral, then again I won't know if they don't. Such is life!  bn

• Sad 4

On 8/8/2023 at 5:42 PM, big Neil said:

...and eventually, you reach a stage where you never see nor hear from them. Can only hope they turn up to the funeral, then again I won't know if they don't. Such is life!  bn

Sorry guys, just miss my wife heaps and although I keep busy and have lots of friends, family are different. That's why I love seeing the interaction of folks fishing with their family. Planning a trip to the NSW /Vic border region to do some fishing and shake off some of the cobwebs. All good, cheers, bn

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

Sorry guys, just miss my wife heaps and although I keep busy and have lots of friends, family are different....

Don't be sorry mate. Life can be very unfair sometimes. 

I lost my wife and 2 of my 3 kids some years ago so I know what's thats like. Pretty tough. 

Know that there are lots of people in similar situations who care and understand. Look after yourself mate and keep looking forward, not back.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Derny Driver said:

Don't be sorry mate. Life can be very unfair sometimes. 

I lost my wife and 2 of my 3 kids some years ago so I know what's thats like. Pretty tough. 

Know that there are lots of people in similar situations who care and understand. Look after yourself mate and keep looking forward, not back.

Thank you. I feel YOUR pain and commend your positive outlook.    bn

• Like 1