Saturday Arvo Hacking Session

Brooker435

Good Evening Raiders,

On Saturday I decided to take the boat for a run as shes been out of the water since december last year.

I took my wife and my daughter out, this was their first time out in the tinny as they have never come with me before but I managed to talk them into it as my daughter was scared of going in the boat.

It was also my first time fishing the hacking in a boat, I usually go to Parramatta river but wanted to try something different for a change.

anyway we were out on the water for about 3 hours, we launched at Grays Point and explored around trying a few different spots.

The only issue I had was my daughter was so keen to fish I had to set her rod up first and then she started getting bites straight away and I did not get a chance to set my rod up so I convinced her to change spots because they were mostly pickers.. she agreed!!! I was hoping to get time to set up a rod for myself but to no avail!!!

I found a spot near gymea I think.. it dropped to about 15 metres here so I thought that it would be worth a shot.

My daughter is a natural, getting fish almost every drop but they kept on biting off the line so I suspected tailor and sure enough tailor they were, some good sized ones too as we got them close to the boat only to have them chew through the leader and I did not have any wire trace!!!! she did manage to land a couple some legal some not but we let everything live to fight another day, we were just happy to be out on the water!!

My daughter is not scared of the boat anymore now she is asking when we are going out again!!!

Honestly seeing how much my daughter enjoyed fishing was so rewarding for me and I did not care too much that I didnt fish, I guess as she gets more experienced ill be able to let her set up her own rod, put on baits etc, but for now I will teach her as much as I can and just sit back enjoying watching her have fun learning about this great sport that we call fishing.

I hope you all had a enjoyable weekend.

Regards,

Nathan

post-9366-0-61824200-1427620095_thumb.jpg

post-9366-0-59375100-1427620103_thumb.jpg

post-9366-0-53240700-1427620105_thumb.jpeg

post-9366-0-96944500-1427620106_thumb.jpeg

Well done mate on being effectively a fishing guide, re-baiter and rigger.

,fish unhooker,line untangler and the list goes on and on.

Sounds like never the less you had a top day out with the family and that's what it's all about.

Cheers.

My wife is expecting with our first.

It's stories and descriptions like these that results in me not being able to wait to take this kid out and just spend time with them.

Great story, looks like you've got a fishing bud for life!

It can only get better from here, the other positive about it is the little one will motivate me to do more fishing!!

Once it gets colder Ill start getting the boat set-up better because I only just had enough spare cash to buy the boat last year.

I have only managed so far to install Nav Lights, a sounder & some minor repairs to the trailer

Next things on the to do list are..

Seats, False floor, Bimini, Rod Holders, Springs for the Trailer, New Rims as I currently have 10'' rims I want 13's as it will ride smoother on the tow.

The best part about it now is since the little one is getting into fishing, It will be easier to get approval from the accountant!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Top report Nathan. You did a stunning job keeping the interest going for your daughter. ( I've been there too) kids love catching fish. And putting the spade work in now will create a fisher for tomorrow.

Don't worry about keepers. That can come later.

Gold, fond memories that both of you will remember. You will get use to not catching fish for a while and watching your daughter or wife catching all the fish, but don't worry that's awesome as well, even better sometimes.

Top report.

Edited by General Zod