Alright guys depress me.

Fab1

I was up Shoalbay this week, Sunday was insane at Shoal Bay ramp.

i pulled up to remove my straps and launch, all in about 10mins, when I went to park the trailer, there was a man standing in a parking spot who said he was minding it for his mate,who was still trying to launch his stuck 19ft F/glass, so I moved on and there was a 10yr old kid who said he was minding the spot for his Mum, who had gone home to get their boat. So they were not even at the ramp.WTF?

I parked my trailer at home and walked back down and the poor kid was still standing with his dog waiting, must have been there for over 30mins. Which pissed me off as two boats arrived and retrieved, so I could have parked in that spot and his mum could have taken one of those spots.

Then in the afternoon I backed my trailer into the water, went to get my boat from the beach and as I was driving my boat over another boat had came in and nearly drove onto my trailer?

Then he beaches it on lane 2 of the concrete ramp and gets out to go get his trailer,  his mate gets out and stands on the ramp trying to hold his boat from smashing into my trailer, the alloy boat was getting bumped and pushed into the ramp, hitting the concrete beam on the edge multiple times.

I drove my boat on secured it and as I was driving out the waves pushed the boat almost into mine, so I had to floor it to get my boat out of the way.

So they not only held up the ramp they probably damaged their boat. 

On 1/18/2021 at 8:38 AM, GoingFishing said:

Ive fished weekends all my life. If you get in early you will be fine.

The part time and inexperienced boaties, along with every jet ski in sydney usually rock up around 8.

Isn't that part of the fishing experience.... going to sleep early to try get a good rest for the 4am wakeup but never really getting a good sleep, then trying to pack the boat without smacking things too loudly into the hull and waking everyone ?

all the times i been to foreshore ramp i aim for 5am start and have never had a problems and its not too busy. only one time i did go to the five dock ramp it was 5am and it was a nightmare.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jeffb5.8 said:

I was up Shoalbay this week, Sunday was insane at Shoal Bay ramp.

i pulled up to remove my straps and launch, all in about 10mins, when I went to park the trailer, there was a man standing in a parking spot who said he was minding it for his mate,who was still trying to launch his stuck 19ft F/glass, so I moved on and there was a 10yr old kid who said he was minding the spot for his Mum, who had gone home to get their boat. So they were not even at the ramp.WTF?

I parked my trailer at home and walked back down and the poor kid was still standing with his dog waiting, must have been there for over 30mins. Which pissed me off as two boats arrived and retrieved, so I could have parked in that spot and his mum could have taken one of those spots.

Then in the afternoon I backed my trailer into the water, went to get my boat from the beach and as I was driving my boat over another boat had came in and nearly drove onto my trailer?

Then he beaches it on lane 2 of the concrete ramp and gets out to go get his trailer,  his mate gets out and stands on the ramp trying to hold his boat from smashing into my trailer, the alloy boat was getting bumped and pushed into the ramp, hitting the concrete beam on the edge multiple times.

I drove my boat on secured it and as I was driving out the waves pushed the boat almost into mine, so I had to floor it to get my boat out of the way.

So they not only held up the ramp they probably damaged their boat. 

Sounds like you had a great time.🙄🙄🙄

48 minutes ago, SquibblyDibbly said:

There really are too many humans.

Yet we continue to breed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M1100S said:

Isn't that part of the fishing experience.... going to sleep early to try get a good rest for the 4am wakeup but never really getting a good sleep, then trying to pack the boat without smacking things too loudly into the hull and waking everyone ?

all the times i been to foreshore ramp i aim for 5am start and have never had a problems and its not too busy. only one time i did go to the five dock ramp it was 5am and it was a nightmare.

You won't get me up at 5am to meet the queen let alone go fishing. But I must say it would be the best time.

1 minute ago, Fab1 said:

You won't get me up at 5am to meet the queen let alone go fishing. But I must say it would be the best time.

You must be one of those 9-5 workers then Fab??

I work all sorts of shifts sometimes having to start as early as 4.30am & sometimes having to start as late at 3pm.

So my way of thinking is if I have to get up at 3.30am for work then it's even easier to get up at a similar hour to do something I actually enjoy 😁

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

You must be one of those 9-5 workers then Fab??

I work all sorts of shifts sometimes having to start as early as 4.30am & sometimes having to start as late at 3pm.

So my way of thinking is if I have to get up at 3.30am for work then it's even easier to get up at a similar hour to do something I actually enjoy 😁

5pm-5am.I ain't getting up at 5am.2😂😂😂😂Is a 9-5 job even a job?😂🤣😂😂😂

Edited by Fab1
  • Haha 1

I prefer to wake up at 4:45, but have most things prepped the night before so that it's just breakfast and loading valuables then off I go. The return is pretty bad, often a queue on the water.

42 minutes ago, motiondave said:

I went out today, got to Drummoyne at midday, mostly cars taking up boat spots, bastards....but when I got back at 3pm, only 3 spots taken, with trailers, the cars vanished!

Slash their tyres.🤣😂😂Don't do that.Key their car instead.😂🤣What sort of imbecile thinks that the boat and trailer spots were put there for cars to park there.

Same as the crowds of dropkicks that think fishing from boat ramps,pontoons,jetties is ok and they were put in for them.

I approached and tell them to move and am coming in wether they like it or not.They soon move and once I had to run over an idiots line.

Once my son waited until we were driving away and told me a couple of them were whinging amongst themselves that they had to move.

I have 0 tolerance for imbeciles both on the water and on the road but respect and am nice to every one.Until I get annoyed.

I use to live in a townhouse with 7 garages in a U shape form.If someone parked in front of their garage the opposite person couldn't get their car out.

Guess what?My neighbour dopey Fred use to park me in and I couldn't get out to go to work in the morning.I told him a couple of times and he kept doing it.

I came out in the early morning to go to work and found his car blocking me again. I got my car jack and jacked his car up under the diff and rolled it down the street and put it in sideways inbetween two trees that I had previously sussed out.

Let's just say Dopey fred didn't park me in any more.

Did I mention I have 0 tolerance for imbeciles but am a fantastic,lovely guy?🤣😂😂Enjoy your fishing mate.

• Like 2

Unfortunately people parking in car and trailer spots in just cars isn't even a cause for a fine.please correct me if I'm wrong as I've lost my shit a few times with arseholes who do this even when I've pointed out the sign they think it's ok typical attitude of me me stuff everyone  else

I've gone out from Rose Bay on a Sunday a few times and the Rangers are red hot .... which is great as if it wasn't for them enforcing the area it would be impossible to get a park.

And still people push the limits, but I've seen them constantly get booked.

Some would call it revenue raising. 

I don't care, do what he sign says and you won't get booked.

17 minutes ago, Blackfish said:

I've gone out from Rose Bay on a Sunday a few times and the Rangers are red hot .... which is great as if it wasn't for them enforcing the area it would be impossible to get a park.

And still people push the limits, but I've seen them constantly get booked.

Some would call it revenue raising. 

I don't care, do what he sign says and you won't get booked.

People like that should be dragged straight to the gallows.😂😂😂😂 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 8:06 PM, Fab1 said:

How were the ramps and waterways this weekend?Has it improved a little or still a mad house?

Well its reported that boat sales are up 23% on last year I can vouch fro a number of new players at my local ramp Im waiting till after school holidays. However I think the resurgence has reminded people they have a boat and the crowd will last a bit longer

I use parsley bay have never seen anyone get a ticket then on rail shutdown weekends the guys use it for parking. When bridge to bridge is on those they are the only ones that can use ramp or carparkits ok by me as it's only once a year .oh well looks like I'll be up at 4am Saturday 

• Like 1

Not a Boat Ramp issue but a crowd and parking one.

I was out towards La Perouse today and good mate sometimes fishes out there for Blackfish so I thought I’d drive around the loop and see if I could seem him.

For those who know the area, I was on Bunnerong rd and as I drove past where Anzac pde where it joins Bunnerong there were only a 3 spaces on the road vacant and a stream of people walking down the footpath with towels etc.

I continued right down and did the loop with absolutely no spare parking spaces spotted.

Cars were driving around into La Pa itself trying to get a park and also up onto Phillip bay.

I have never seen it so busy and it was just a Friday. Wait for the weekend.

Needless to say I didn’t stop and see if he was fishing..

If they were thinking of chasing some Luderick they would have given up or anyone that would have liked to have a fish ...... no chance.