new PB Dollie

hookerbruce

I've taught my son how to fish ,tie hooks bait lines etc etc

Took him out yesterday to the FAD he showed his appreciation by catching the fish that should have been mine.

I am sure he will add his comments and thank me for teaching him how to fish.

Resized_20210211_100847.jpeg

Resized_20210211_165009.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hookerbruce said:

I've taught my son how to fish ,tie hooks bait lines etc etc

Took him out yesterday to the FAD he showed his appreciation by catching the fish that should have been mine.

I am sure he will add his comments and thank me for teaching him how to fish.

Resized_20210211_100847.jpeg

Resized_20210211_165009.jpeg

Can I be your son?Well done to your boy mate.Your time will come.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dlvbw said:

Smashing it. Lures, livies, plastics? 

Caught on live yakka. When trolling we twice had marlin hitting lures with their bills but not taking the lure. Also nearly ran over one when running back in. Could have been a very big day.

Awesome Bruce! Probably the only time I don’t mind being out fished is when one of my kids do it to me! Just like the other day. Although don’t let it happen to you too many times. The banter on the way home is not funny! 🤔

cheers scratchie!!! 

That looks like a good days fishing, great catch with the big Dolly.
Must have been a different FAD to the one I went to on Thursday, I trolled Yakkas around both the Sydney FAD and the Wave Rider, then from there back to the FAD. All I got was one Kinggie at the Wave Rider and that as just undersized. 😞

Edited by GordoRetired

13 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Cracking fish mate well done. Dollies are so much fun.

Which FAD did you visit.

Fished sydney south FAD when we got there started our first drift about 200m from FAD son had a big run then solid weight on a large yakka but didn't hook up. He wasn't happy thought he'd blown his chance at a big one.

Once we got close to the fad and other boats the small livies provided 1or 2 fish every drift. Most of the boats were fishing large livies and were struggling to get fish.

There was a very slight current running to the north and the fish were not there in any quantity.

Yes dad thankyou for teaching me to fish, however this was my trip out wide on my boat you just found out i was going and tagged along. However once i hooked this fish i was very glad you were there to drive the boat and gaff it for me.

I will post a separate full report

Ash           

• Like 1
  • Haha 1