Port Hacking

Yowie

Headed out early this morning near Lilli Pilli. Pulled out the reddies and flatties on squid and pillies. Only just pan sized reds, and both flatties are Blue Spots. Also pulled up an average sized blue swimmer that I forgot to add to the photo. A couple of surface fish near me for only a short time, maybe small tailor.

Headed to Maianbar flats, pumped some nippers and waded about for a while until the whiting turned up near the top of the tide. Patches of kelp rolling along and tangling the line, and plenty of small toads pinching baits. Happy with the result for this time of year.fish.jpeg.315_files_files.thumb.jpg.a72aed2146fa2c60861f3ce6222d2895.jpg

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Yowie said:

Headed out early this morning near Lilli Pilli. Pulled out the reddies and flatties on squid and pillies. Only just pan sized reds, and both flatties are Blue Spots. Also pulled up an average sized blue swimmer that I forgot to add to the photo. A couple of surface fish near me for only a short time, maybe small tailor.

Headed to Maianbar flats, pumped some nippers and waded about for a while until the whiting turned up near the top of the tide. Patches of kelp rolling along and tangling the line, and plenty of small toads pinching baits. Happy with the result for this time of year.fish.jpeg.315_files_files.thumb.jpg.a72aed2146fa2c60861f3ce6222d2895.jpg

I'd be happy with that feed at any time of year,decade,century.Well done again!! Just a quick question...does your boat run out of fuel after Lilli Pilli or do you break a paddle?😂😂Good work.

3 hours ago, Isaac Ct said:

Good haul for winter Yowie. Keep up the great work!

Thank you.

3 hours ago, puddlejumper said:

Well done mate good to see the whiting are on the bite especially

Took a while before I found them in knee deep water.

2 hours ago, Rebel said:

Great haul again. Well done.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, JamoDamo said:

Man you always seem to manage a feed and a good one at that! Prime eating fish there. Well done as usual good on ya yowie!

Thank you. Just a matter of finding them.

27 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

I'd be happy with that feed at any time of year,decade,century.Well done again!! Just a quick question...does your boat run out of fuel after Lilli Pilli or do you break a paddle?😂😂Good work.

A couple of times over the years, I have rowed from Lilli Pilli back to Gunnamatta Bay when an old motor was playing up. Don't know if I would like to do that these days, not a spring chicken anymore, more like an old boiler. :074:

• Haha 1

Well done. Nice feed again. Such variety reminds me of a fish shop 😳 …. Wait a minute 🤔 …. Is this another conspiracy!!!  How come we never get any on-the-water fishing shots from you?

🤓 got the specs on now to check for wrapping paper … 

cheers Zoran 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, zmk1962 said:

Well done. Nice feed again. Such variety reminds me of a fish shop 😳 …. Wait a minute 🤔 …. Is this another conspiracy!!!  How come we never get any on-the-water fishing shots from you?

🤓 got the specs on now to check for wrapping paper … 

cheers Zoran 

Funny bastardo. :074:

I don't have time to buggerise with on-the-water live action shots. I will provide you with a microscope, but you will not find a trace of fish shop paper anywhere on my fish.  😝

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Blackfish said:

Very nice catch there Yowie and at this time of year.

Thank you, but next week could be not much at all. In the right spot at the right times today.

Edited by Yowie

45 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Funny bastardo. :074:

I don't have time to buggerise with on-the-water live action shots. I will provide you with a microscope, but you will not find a trace of fish shop paper anywhere on my fish.  😝

Yup. The conspiracy deepens. PLASTIC wrap would certainly be harder to detect 🤔

I just may need to seek the advice of an old retired detective…… 

cheers Z

Edited by zmk1962
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Nice Yowie! Make for a few feeds there. The fishing should start picking up soon 👍

cheers scratchie!!!

Thank you. A few feeds for myself and other family members.

Fishing is not normally like this so early in the season, maybe less fishos about.

I was outside with my mate last week, not worth a report, and the couta turned up, so the water is still cool. I know that because I had my first swim of the season at Wanda Beach. 

10 hours ago, Larkin said:

Nice catch mate 👍

I can’t wait to get out there myself and get stuck into them.

Thank you.

9 hours ago, Pickles said:

Yowie does it again - nice mixed feed - a real fisherman’s basket. Well done mate.

Thank you. A bit of a mixture, with the crab as an entree.

8 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Great work Yowie ! Lucky you mate. Some good eating fish there

Thank you. A bag of nice fillets.

1 hour ago, Crabstar said:

Well done mate!

God i cant wait to get out, sucks being in Campbelltown.

Even kicked the boat engine over since it has started in 8 weeks!!!!

Countdown is finally on! 

There will be a rush to get back into fishing once the lockdown is gone. :flying:

1 hour ago, jenno64 said:

Nice bag there Yowie!

Your wife must love having the choice of three or more types of fillets each dinner:)

Thank you.

No.  :074: She can differentiate a few species, but to her it is generally "fish again."

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

I think I need to have a word with your wife @Yowie 

She won't listen to me, so you can try if you like. 🤣 

We are heading to Norah Head during mid November for the van club meeting, if Covid allows it to happen.