Port Hacking

Yowie

Headed out early this morning near Lilli Pilli. The bites were a bit slow, but managed a feed. Baits were salted tailor strips, pillies, squid strips. A few pickers removing the bait without moving the line. Also pulled out a couple of reddies just over the size limit.

The wind was up, a bit squally at times, but no rain. 

While heading home, I saw a number of fish hitting the surface in the main channel west of Burraneer Bay. They looked like salmon, threw a lure through the school a few times but not a hit so kept heading home.

fish.jpeg.323_files_files.jpg

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Headed out early this morning near Lilli Pilli. The bites were a bit slow, but managed a feed. Baits were salted tailor strips, pillies, squid strips. A few pickers removing the bait without moving the line. Also pulled out a couple of reddies just over the size limit.

The wind was up, a bit squally at times, but no rain. 

While heading home, I saw a number of fish hitting the surface in the main channel west of Burraneer Bay. They looked like salmon, threw a lure through the school a few times but not a hit so kept heading home.

fish.jpeg.323_files_files.jpg

Stewy said is that the same pic you posted before? 😄:074::busted_cop:

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Stewy said is that the same pic you posted before? 😄:074::busted_cop:

F/B/Shite. Never the same. :1onono:

Cheeky bastard. At least I have been posting photos. Tell him to go fishing. :fisher::fish_h4h:😁

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Nice feed again. Very consistent Dave .... congratulations - I think you really need to share the co-ordinates of Costis reef with @Fab1

Cheers Zoran

Thanks Zoran.

Fab is probably there as I have not heard from him for a while. 🤣

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

Would love some fresh fish especially a flounder. They taste fantastic. Pretty good result Yowie. bn

I rate Flounder up there close with John Dory myself, very similar but JD would be the prize. Wish we had more of them around but you cant beat flounder as a local fish imo, beats flathead hands down!

flounder.thumb.jpg.3cbe53638867e19cfe593e6bb76edc89.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Isaac Ct said:

Great haul of fish as usual Yowie. Well done.

Thank you, was worth it.

2 hours ago, big Neil said:

Would love some fresh fish especially a flounder. They taste fantastic. Pretty good result Yowie. bn

Thanks Neil. I like flounder, but so does mum!

1 hour ago, kingie chaser said:

I rate Flounder up there close with John Dory myself, very similar but JD would be the prize. Wish we had more of them around but you cant beat flounder as a local fish imo, beats flathead hands down!

Dory and flounder are both good eating fish. Have not caught a J.D. for some years, but the fillets are worth it. Flounder are harder to fillet but I have done that quite a few times now, so practice makes it easier.

5 hours ago, Yowie said:

Thanks Zoran.

Fab is probably there as I have not heard from him for a while. 🤣

Been here since Monday.5 blocks of pillies, 500 yabbies,100 salted fillets,and 50 squid later still nada,zero,zilch.😂😂😂

Well done as always mate.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Nice feed again. Very consistent Dave .... congratulations - I think you really need to share the co-ordinates of Costis reef with @Fab1

Cheers Zoran

He could fire me out of a sniper rifle and I still wouldn't catch anything.😂😂I just tell the mrs and everyone that will listen it's all fished out.😂😂

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Did you make this dish?