Port Stephens- My turn on the net!

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Headed out with @back cruncher yesterday. We left the ramp pretty early at 4am and made our way down the bay. Tried for livies for 10 minutes but only managed a couple of yakkas. Headed north and tried to get to our spot for first light. We were the first boat there and with anticipation started the drift. A few casts later and Mick was onto a decent snapper and into the net it goes. A few more casts and I managed a pannie and so did Mick. We worked a few different areas and worked bloody hard to find a productive area but the bites were few and far between. I managed to add a couple more pannies to the box, although the morning was getting on and the hope of a good day with the fish on the bite was dwindling. We decided to make the move back home but tried a few more spots on the way. That proved to be a good decision as Mick had a midday cast into the washes and the reel starts screaming. I quickly wind in my line and watch mick play out this fish. A good tussle back and forth and into the net it goes! And with that fish it made an ordinary day well worth the trip. 
It was good to see Mick get a few as he puts in a lot of effort and yesterday got the rewards. All in all, still another a great day and I’m sure we’ll be back out there soon enough! 

Thanks for reading, 

cheers scratchie!!!

C6F17F03-2966-4571-9475-BC9527E1ECEC.thumb.jpeg.09ebc5a3a58283d8de010f979bedbd96.jpeg

D82515DF-F127-49F0-BCC1-F502BF936AFD.thumb.jpeg.a26958e9a97a64e73c114a22ac69a789.jpeg

• Like 18

1 hour ago, BigHorse said:

Awesome report and pics also always @Scratchie

Well done also @back cruncher great work!:thumbup:

Thanks mate! Loving the new iPhone. Takes great pics 

1 hour ago, back cruncher said:

Hi all…A Lot of work and hours and hrs of flicking those plastics for the results.plus listening ,watching and remembering everything Jeff does and says.the credit goes to you mate.

Cheers Mick but credit goes to your effort and determination to keep persisting as we both try to work out where these fish are and what they are doing! Solid fish mate and saved the day! 

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

Good sized fish again, worth the effort.

Thanks yowie! Always worth the effort 

42 minutes ago, Isaac Ct said:

Some nice fish their scratchie, well done. @back cruncher and yourself seem to be the inform fisherman of port stephens at the moment.

Cheers mate! Time on the water equals fish. You gotta put the time in. 

34 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

A couple of nice fish there, well done.

Looks like a great day just to be out on the water, catching a fish is always a bonus.

💯 mate! Couple of nice bonus fish too! 

23 minutes ago, tobycb said:

Well done gents,

Nice fish Mick!

Regards, Toby

Cheer mate! 

5 minutes ago, GordoRetired said:

Another good session. You always seem to be able to find some good ones. 👍

We always put a lot of casts in! If we can get the right casts, into the right areas, with the right set up, with the right techniques and the right lures, then get lucky! We generally do alright 😂😂😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

We always put a lot of casts in! If we can get the right casts, into the right areas, with the right set up, with the right techniques and the right lures, then get lucky! We generally do alright 😂😂😂 

That's why you're the Snapper guru Jeff... you know the right things to do to get results. Plus you're always prepared to push the boundaries a bit more. Great pics and report. bn

2 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Funny how when you work hard you get better luck 🙂

14 hours ago, big Neil said:

That's why you're the Snapper guru Jeff... you know the right things to do to get results. Plus you're always prepared to push the boundaries a bit more. Great pics and report. bn

Cheers BN. We do work hard. But have so much fun trying 🤙

12 hours ago, Rebel said:

Super report. Super reddies. We ll done.

Thanks rebel 

12 hours ago, Smobaby said:

Great report,  the effort and knowledge that goes into your captures are First rate. 

Cheers mate! 

11 hours ago, GordoRetired said:

Funny how when you work hard you get better luck 🙂

Hahahaha! Funny indeed 😉 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

Amazing how those last few casts, nearly, always pay off.

Hahahaha it was definitely a Cinderella bite but a welcome one! 

1 hour ago, jenno64 said:

Scratchie

Your boat is always full of big reds and big smiles! Never a dull moment:)

Thanks Rob! That’s exactly why I go fishing! I love seeing people with big smiles!