Kingies are back and keen to play

Pickles

Had a great day turning “Cabin fever” into “Kingie fever” off Barrenjoey today (Friday). Prediction wasn’t great, but other than a little choppy in morning the conditions were perfect, small swell, no wind, overcast and slight current. 
Yakkas we’re non existent at West Head, but I had squid left over from last trip (4 weeks ago) and the Kingies were hungry. I was with 2 buddies and between us we boated 11 good sized Kingies. I tagged 7 and we kept four in the 70’s for the table.

I’ve been finclipping forDPI fisheries so we were able to get quite a few vials with samples to send in. Also got some nice flatties, so fish on the menu again😊😊

4CD80D91-731D-4FF6-85E1-17824F895B43.jpeg

D4E627E5-F66C-4C2B-ABA5-E023E21395C6.jpeg

• Like 18

Well done Bob and crew. Hmmmm now remind me what does fresh fish taste like? Oh that’s right … fantastic!

Enjoy the fruits of your labours - even though it’s a bit rich implying  fishing is laborious. 
cheers Zoran 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JustJames said:

Noice!

How was the water quality?

Many trees/cattle/Holden Commodores/fridges afloat?

Water was surprisingly good, not clear and lightly discoloured, but viz about 5’, but still a fair bit of debris floating around. Went out to 50m mark, but still murky. Most debris was tree branches, small logs etc

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Larkin said:

Well done mate, sounds like you guys had great day out on the kings! 

Thanks Larkin - a great day after so many home based days with flood - really hit our place cut off for 6 days

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, dlvbw said:

Great work Bob..... can't wait to get back out there

Water is looking pretty good Dunc and hardly any boats today, we were back in by 11 am, so you wouldn’t have to go all day, but bait was really hard.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Well done Bob and crew. Hmmmm now remind me what does fresh fish taste like? Oh that’s right … fantastic!

Enjoy the fruits of your labours - even though it’s a bit rich implying  fishing is laborious. 
cheers Zoran 

👍 blessings Zoran - I’m always keen to get out, mate -  if you’re free next week we could make a date

Well done Bob and crew, great result. More importantly you're back on the water and doing what you love to do. I shall read your posts with great interest and await the opportunity to head back up to Sydney to catch up with yourself and Derek. Look forward to it. Neil

3 hours ago, Pickles said:

Thanks Dave - you’ve certainly been getting some nice whitting this season - are they back after the rain?

Still in Victoria Bob, so no fishing for the last week. Just cruising about in the caravan.

On 3/18/2022 at 7:26 PM, blaxland said:

Great to see you out doing what you love I had no trouble getting yakkas near manly today.

Going to try the harbour this Tuesday & Wednesday - you out during the week Bill

On 3/19/2022 at 10:12 AM, jenno64 said:

Good stuff Bob

Always keen to read your posts and great to hear your fridge is full again!

Thanks Jenno - usually don’t keep too much in the freezer though - give it to the crew usually.

On 3/18/2022 at 8:19 PM, Restyle said:

Been waiting for your kingie reports, and you’ve killed it again, good sized fish too

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Going to try the harbour this Tuesday & Wednesday - you out during the week Bill

Thanks @Restyle- appreciate your kind words