Kingies are back - Woohoo

Pickles

Went out with Buddy Peter today (Wednesday), hit the harbour - heaps of livies and squid - out to Iggy a reef & Kingies were going nuts (At Last) - used lures, plastics, strip baits. They were hungry and schooled up - a great day. 16 boated, until the SW start ed blowing at 30 knots and a very slow trip back. Looking forward to some Seriola time with @big Neiltomorrow

B36F1AB4-0672-4C37-BFA0-F8D5CCA0F14C.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
Pic
  • Like 15

59 minutes ago, Bryant fish said:

Good to hear I've  been getting  a few squid in pittwater would you slow troll livies around  Scotland  island  or anchor  and drift them under a float  i know it maybe  too early for inshore kings but squid have been around 

Hey @Bryant fish, there have been good kings in the harbour, but very tricky to take a live bait. Talking with 4 of the charter operators today, they haven’t landed a Kingie between them in two days and had 20 live squid picked to nothing without turning a reel, but last week they were taking Squid. I haven’t fished Pittwater for a few months, but trolling around Scotland Island and the peers and wrecks with a live squid, should certainly produce the goods. All the squid in the harbour have been arrows, if your getting green eyes, chances are further improved I reckon.

11 minutes ago, GordoRetired said:

You always seem to be able to find them mate. Well done, I have not fished Iggys for while, might have to check it out again when I finally get my boat out.

Looking forward to catching up soon Gordo

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 5:47 PM, Aussie_fisher said:

@Jp2schools of rats come into the harbour in summer so I guess you can just hope there’s a legal one somewhere among them which you can take home for a feed. What bait were you using?

Hi Aussie, we were using squid strips and live yakkas. That is usually the plan.