First Catch on the New Boat (Hawkesbury Jewfish)

As a few of you raiders already know, I recently bought a boat. It is a Polycraft 3m tuff tender with a few accessories to go along with it. 

For its first voyage (in my hands) my friend Trent and I decided to take it out on the Hawkesbury from Wisemans ferry and try and target some Jewfish. 

We fished throughout the tide change and jumped around to a couple different spots. We managed to get on, about an hour after the tide change. 

image.thumb.jpeg.aa571c753ec07bbd2d9a05960bd0feb8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b47f1c0b1ebc91e6e8cee7e9beaa7a45.jpeg

These fell victim to Hawkesbury prawns on running sinker rigs, no takers on the soft plastics or vibes today. 

• Like 19

Good to hear from you James and especially your first report about the new vessel. A couple of nice Jewies there for you and Trent. How about a picture of the boat with your next post? Safe boating till then.   bn

• Like 2

4 hours ago, big Neil said:

Good to hear from you James and especially your first report about the new vessel. A couple of nice Jewies there for you and Trent. How about a picture of the boat with your next post? Safe boating till then.   bn

image.thumb.jpeg.836bf734c2e5747f2667cfb501213e0e.jpegCheers BN, here is a photo of the boat 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, XD351 said:

Nice Mulloway James ! Always a great feeling to christen a new boat with a fish ! I have the tuff tenders big brother - a 410 challenger  - they are tough boats !

Thank you, I was actually surprised at how stable they are. Even at 3 metres my mate and I could stand up and cast lures no problem. Even having the two of us leaning over the side was no problem. 

That's how it start, first a 3m, then jut a little upgrade and you're in a 4m+, then maybe a little bigger and you're over 5m. Before you know it you'll be looking down on the rest of us from the fly-bridge on your 35 footer as you head out to chase the Marlin. 🙂  
Well done on the Jewies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1