Allow Me To Introduce Myself

mrsswordfisherman

Hi All!!,

Ny name is Sam but im known on here as smarto. I currently live in Yarrawarrah near sutherland in Sydney and regularly fish the port hacking. i moved to Sydney for work and have ben here for the past four years. I grew up in the far north coast of NSW near Ballina and will be moving back up that way in July!!! Yay!!

I recently purchased myself a Brooker 410 fisherman with a 30hp merc and am more than pleased with it!! (the misses isnt though!!!) ive kitted it out just nicely with seats,holders etc but i am needing/wanting an electric motor just to add that litle bit more of an advantage over the wind and the tide....plus the fish!!!

Pretty muchjust wanted to say hi to all and will be posting on other forums soon as i have some questions and info i would like answered..

Cheers,

Sam

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I'm Dan and I'm relatively new to fishing. This site has been awesome and very informative. I hope I can post up fish reports where I have actually caught something. :) I haven't been lucky as of yet and I'm pretty embarrassed to say that the biggest fish I have caught so far is a 30cm Trevally. Hope to change that soon though. :) Mostly fish of rocks and wharves, as I cannot afford a boat yet. Hope to see you guys around and any advice on how to catch fish will be truly appreciated.

Thanks guys! :biggrin2:

Hey guys new to site.My name is ben i am a 27 year old fishaholic.I live in the southern highlands nsw and am married no kids so most of my spare time is spent with a fishing rod in my hands whether its in the boat on the beach or drowning some worms on a river bank doesnt matter any fishing is good fun in my books.I look forward to sharing stories and pics and keeping up to date with fishing reports from my fellow anglers and maybe going for a fish with some of you one day. post-19229-098813100 1308357949_thumb.jpggoodluck on the water to every 1 cheers Ben

• 1 month later...

G'day Guys,

My name is Wayne I'm married with 2 daughters, use to go fishing quite abit when I was younger but have only just started to get back into it.

I'm lucky that while most of mates I use to fish with don't do it any more there's a few guys at work who are keen fishermen and that's what got me back into fishing.

Normally we go camping a few times a year up around Port Stephens so that's where I've done most of my fishing lately, looking forward to picking up some fishing tips and places to go for a fish around Sydney probably been 25yrs since I've been fishing anywhere in Sydney.

Cheers,

Wayne

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys and Girls!

My name is Michael, and am a 41 year old tragic fisherman, living in Strathfield. I am married, with 2 kids, however, they are over in the Philippines, awaiting Visa's. Only recently back into the sport in Australia, having been working overseas in Abu Dhabi & Qatar. I used to go out into the Gulf there, mainly trolling and jigging, and then graduated to kayak fishing.Since the family are away, I have a fair amount of spare time on the weekends, so I thought I might use it fishing, as you do.......

I decided to buy myself a decent rig to last, so went out and purchased a G Loomis rod (2-4kg), and a Daiwa Sol 2500, which I think, shall do me fine for bream, flathead, and the odd snapper.

Of the few dramas I face, is being able to fish in spots where I can get public transport to, as I have yet to get a car. I plan to try out Cabarita on the weekend, as a bus goes straight past my place, and stops near the wharf. Obviously, I plan to add a car to the fold, closely followed by a Kayak!

Love to hear from anyone in the general area that would like a fishing partner. More than happy to share costs, etc. Always find fishing is more pleasurable when there is some company.

Mainly when I fish from the shore, I flick lures about for bream and flatheads. When I was more into fishing before, I only used hardbody lures, but now am fascinated with the soft body developments, having mixed success with them in the Middle East.

Mick

• 2 weeks later...

HI fellow raiders,

My names Albert, aged 23 and fish when i have my days off from work! Currently new to this forum and so far just been reading about and ive learnt a fair bit.

I dont own a boat so the fish that i catch cant compare to those out there on a boat, after reading all the reports of YFT and big fishes out at sea getting me jealous! :05::biggrin2:

A lot of my friends arent as keen as i am and im looking forward to meeting new people off this forum in the near future. :thumbup:

:thumbup: G,day to all,just registered last night so an absolute green horn,but love me fishin,anyway im 52yrs, name peter,wife doris 53yrs ,have 6 kids,8 fantastic grand kids ,we both love getting out when ever we can,have a 17 1/2 ft 1/2 cab,im a truck driver and travel all points of NSW,so time can be limited,anyway love this site ,many thanks to owners,moderators,and all who put into this site,anyway we'll keep feeding them for you, cause we cant catch em,but thats half the fun hey,peter. :1fishing1:

:thumbup: G,day to all,just registered last night so an absolute green horn,but love me fishin,anyway im 52yrs, name peter,wife doris 53yrs ,have 6 kids,8 fantastic grand kids ,we both love getting out when ever we can,have a 17 1/2 ft 1/2 cab,im a truck driver and travel all points of NSW,so time can be limited,anyway love this site ,many thanks to owners,moderators,and all who put into this site,anyway we'll keep feeding them for you, cause we cant catch em,but thats half the fun hey,peter. :1fishing1:

:1welcomeani: to fishraider my good man :thumbup:

Looking forward to hearing about some of your exploits.

Regards Swordfisherman

Hello Raiders.

My Name is Ryan. Im a Builder from Gymea.

I used to be into fishing when i was younger and only rediscovered it 18 months ago when a friend purchased a fishing kayak and it looked like a good idea!

Since then i have spent a fair amount of time on my Yak and recently purchased a 15ft aluminium runabout with a 25hp Johnson and im in the process of doing it up. The addiction has certainly taken hold with most spare time spent fishing or giving the Credit Card a work out at BCF, Whitworths or BIAS boating!.

I have found the site to be very helpful and its great to read the reports which certianly get me motivated.

Looking forward to getting intouch with fellow enthusiasts.

Cant wait until the Social on the 25th.

Cheers

Hello Raiders.

My Name is Ryan. Im a Builder from Gymea.

I used to be into fishing when i was younger and only rediscovered it 18 months ago when a friend purchased a fishing kayak and it looked like a good idea!

Since then i have spent a fair amount of time on my Yak and recently purchased a 15ft aluminium runabout with a 25hp Johnson and im in the process of doing it up. The addiction has certainly taken hold with most spare time spent fishing or giving the Credit Card a work out at BCF, Whitworths or BIAS boating!.

I have found the site to be very helpful and its great to read the reports which certianly get me motivated.

Looking forward to getting intouch with fellow enthusiasts.

Cant wait until the Social on the 25th.

Cheers

Welcome to fishraider and we look forward to reading your reports :thumbup:

See you at the social :biggrin2:

• 4 weeks later...

G'day Raiders

Tom here- new to the site and thought this thread was a top way to say gday!

I'm based in the Twin Towns of Forster Tuncurry and do most of my fishing locally. I work up here as an optometrist and when I'm not at work or spending time with my lovely wife you'll more then likely find me at the breakwall!

I grew up in the area and moved back from Sydney after studies.

Since returning home I've caught the Jewfish bug; late nights, early mornings, long bait gathering sessions, the tackle, the rigs, run out tide, slackwater, new moon, full moon... My wife is concerned she might wake up next to a jewfish some day!

post-20042-075965500 1317181856_thumb.jpg

Great to be on board- thanks for all the insights and encouragement shared by current members to date!

Hope to see you out fishing

Tom

post-20042-094972400 1317182359_thumb.jpg

Hi Raiders, My Name is Jazz and i'm 32 from West Wyalong in NSW. Anyone that knows of West Wyalong will know that there is no usable water for hours of the place (use that i like anyway!i'm particularly fond of the blue type!!). that aside i love boats and fishing. i have four boats, a 5m stacier with a 50hp force on it i use in the blue water when i can get there, a 4.6m savage i bought for a song and just couldn't pass up, a 4m quintrex tinny with a 15hp johnson i use in the rivers and creeks around here and then i have which was my first boat, an everingham ski boat with a 327 chev in it (it hasn't been out of the shed for years now. as far as fishing goe's i have been known to throw a lure in a muddy paddle if i can't see the bottom and be sure there is no fish in it!! i have enough gear and tackle to sink a boat and all i need is the chance to unleash it (work seriously cramps my style)anyway i found this forum looking for info on Glenbawn dam as i'm heading that way next month. so i'm glad to be here and i'm sure i'll learn alot from the collective experience on this site.

Hi Raiders, My Name is Jazz and i'm 32 from West Wyalong in NSW. Anyone that knows of West Wyalong will know that there is no usable water for hours of the place (use that i like anyway!i'm particularly fond of the blue type!!). that aside i love boats and fishing. i have four boats, a 5m stacier with a 50hp force on it i use in the blue water when i can get there, a 4.6m savage i bought for a song and just couldn't pass up, a 4m quintrex tinny with a 15hp johnson i use in the rivers and creeks around here and then i have which was my first boat, an everingham ski boat with a 327 chev in it (it hasn't been out of the shed for years now. as far as fishing goe's i have been known to throw a lure in a muddy paddle if i can't see the bottom and be sure there is no fish in it!! i have enough gear and tackle to sink a boat and all i need is the chance to unleash it (work seriously cramps my style)anyway i found this forum looking for info on Glenbawn dam as i'm heading that way next month. so i'm glad to be here and i'm sure i'll learn alot from the collective experience on this site.

:1welcomeani: to the site Jazz,

We are off to Glenbawn in November for a week of smacking the bass might see you up there.

Regards Stewy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi name is Trent

Live in the Shire with the family of three youngsters under the age of 5 so fishing time is very limited. And the eldest

still doesnt understand the concept of staying in one place for more than 10 seconds to catch a fish.

Have been a member for a while but never had a report to add due to pitiful catch sizes or catching irratating catfish.

Fished since i was 5 keenly on the central coast at the family holiday home(Patonga)until i started working full time.

Only recently just got back into it and only get time at night or half days after months of hostage negotations.

After 6 years of complaining about needing a boat again the prays to the powers to be gave in so this summer looking

forward to mornings and evenings of decent fishing.

See you on the water

Edited by backintoit

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, Kristine is my name. I just moved to Oz 3yrs from Vietnam. English isn't my 1st language so if I typo hope you still get what I mean. I'm new to this site as well as fishing so I'm very shy to speak up. Never been fishing before ...just hang around with friends lately and really enjoy the moment you lift the fish out of water, just like in heaven :). This site help improving my skill a lot better. I live in Mayfield, go fishing at nobbys breakwall but my fav location is Avoca . I wish to learn more as I still make many mistakes. Thanks for building a greatful website. Kristine

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Have only become a member in these last few days and it's been quite a pleasure so far!

Have been brought up fishing and the passion still lives on, although I am a bit rusty as it's been so long and without a mentor.

The help and advice from others on this website is phenomenal and is well appreciated, and in saying that I can go ahead and enjoy my fishing with greater confidence and looking forward to sharing my experiences with you all.

Cheers,

Claudia

:thumbup:

Hi all,

I also live in the Sutherland Shire. Been a member here for a while but only just rediscovered the place. Im 40 with a young family. Spent more than 20 years Game Fishing all over the East Coast before the kids came along and curtailed that. Have recently rediscovered the enjoyment of fishing in the rivers and now enjoy nothing more than soaking a line in the Port Hacking. Hope to be more involved in this site as the wealth of knowledge here is amazing.

Cheers

Mark

Hello all,

My name is James and I have only just recently joined the site... must say, great site. I love all types of fishing - but must say that beach and rock have to be my vices - just something about the quality of fish I seem to encounter each time!

I used to live on the Northern Beaches and fishing was a near-daily experience for me, however, I have moved out west with the one I love. Fishing was the loser in that love triangle - but I seem to get out from time to time. My wife would say too often - i say not often enough... comprimise!

Looking foward to contributing to the site - and learning as I go. I keep having different ideas on how to catch and target fish - guess that is fishing hey

cheers,

james

Hi Jazz, replying to ur intro cos we're neighbours. I live in Leeton and am retired. I'm not very good with computers and like to think I'm better at fishing. I have a small tinnie which I use in the Bidgee but have been thinking about a trip to Windamere (central west). I love reef fishing but don't have a suitable boat so rely on charters. Maybe we should get our heads together and arrange something. Look fwd to hearing from you. Big Neil .

Guest twitchie

Hi ALL

My name is Peter aka Twitchie which my mates call me

Started fishing when i was about two with my grandfather .I am married with 5 children and live in Canberra and only one of them fish my youngest daughter her partner is over the top keen on fishing my wife and i have 4 grandchildren i am teaching my three year old grandson how to fish he seems very keen i only have to put the boat on the car and he wants to come. we only bank fish in the mountain lakes for now .

Over the many years of employment i was a butcher self employed worker in supermarkets and many other jobs i am now semi retired i run an online business from home.

I am lucky to own two boats both quintrex a 385 explorer and a 435 trophy hornet which i use for trips up north .I would like to buy a Ranger boat not aloud she won't let me even though i import product from America .the boats i have do the job it's not the boat it 's the person in it that catches the fish .

My mates and i spend most of our time fishing for Bream these days on lures and flathead which is a bi catch and a little trout fishing .except for our two trips each year to the NT.I wouldn't mind finding time to try some of the impoundments for bass as i have a little more than i did when working .my other obsession is making my own lures like softplastics, jig heads, spinnerbaits, blades ,and even some salt water flies

post-20702-021612400 1321501383_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all my name is John aged 52 i come from the central coast

Have been a Panel Beater all my life probably why i look so rough lol

mainly only fished in lakes in a tinny mostly Blackfish at Foster since

I was three with the grandparents still love going up their when i can.

Now i have 3 boats a 16 ft Steber in need of a engine swap with my

18 foot Bullet speedboat that i am spraying for sale less engine and trusty little tinny

So in need to get my license and someone to teach me the basics of boating on and off the trailer

over waves coming alongside wharves etc in exchange for some fishing for some bigger game

hopefully after Christmas if your game

cheers johno

post-13758-005929700 1322740179_thumb.jpg