Allow Me To Introduce Myself

mrsswordfisherman

Hello everyone,

I'm Scott.......... and I'm a fish-aholic.

Have been reading this forum for the last couple of years and now finally decided to join and be an active member to gain and share some knowledge.

I live on the Northern Beaches, and fish for whiting/bream/flatties in the lake and bigger stuff (Jews/Kings etc) off the rocks at Collaroy and around the Spit Bridge.

Hi Guys.

I am new here although my son Ethan13 has been here for a while. We have a 550C Bar Crusher with a 115hp Yamaha and usually fish Middle Harbour and caught our first jewie (72cm) last Sunday night which was pretty special for us!!

We also fish bendalong on the south coast during holidays and just got back from a trip down there where we got on to some very nice Snapper. I'm not a huge fan of the beach boat ramp there but the fishing more than makes up for it!!

Hope to see you guys out on the water some time,

Pete

Gday Pete. I saw Ethans jewie when he put the report up and thought it was a nice catch for a first one, I'm sure it will not be the last and it is good size to eagerly improve on. Also now that you have one and the monkey is off your back more will soon follow.

Welcome aboard mate.

Luc.

Edited by Trout Stalker

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Fellow Fisherfolk,

My name is Jim. I have a wonderful wife and family who let me indulge my fishing fantasies. I am 54 and self employed and FINALLY! I have the flexibility to go fishing pretty much when I want.

I have been a land based fisherman for 50 years ( mainly because I was the main supply of burley if I went on a boat if you know what I mean) but recently and mysteriously I got getter. So I bought a boat.

Now I hit the harbour once or twice a week targeting mainly kingies in the summer and jewies in the winter.. oh and the big blue nose bream on soft plastics.

I am enjoying transferring my land based fishing experience to boat fishing and even though I have only been a member here for a short time I have found lots of valuable information on this site and lots of people willing to help anyone interested in aspects of fishing that are new to them.

I have a life outside fishing however. I still work pretty hard, hang out with the kids, I love my sports, I try to keep fit , I play guitar, go camping and I like nothing better than a swim on one of the inner south head beaches early on a Sunday morning with my wife ... although a part of me wonders whether the boats I see off the Rose bay tripod are getting any kings.... sorry darling ... what did you say?

D'oh

Fishing is a great leveller. If you see me on the harbour in a blue and white quintrex laze about stop for a chat.

Cheers!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all

My name's Mark, I'm from Austral in sydney, so pretty far from any decent source of water.

I've recently bought a tinnie and go out fishing with my old man at least once a week.

2 months in, the largest fish I've caught was a 0.95kg bream (still haven't broken the 1kg :(), and I've not yet managed to catch a fish on SPs or lures.

I've been lurking around this site for a while, and reading all the reports is really encouraging, so hopefully I'll be upping my game over the coming weeks.

Welcome aboard Mark. All in good time mate and they will come. At least you have a boat... that is a bloody good start. You have access to some good water and there is plenty to choose from around Sydney. The Georges, the Nepean, chipping Norton lake, Port Hacking, the harbor, the Hawksbury. You are nice and central to them all. With that much water to play in I daresay you will be onto some crackers in no time.

Luc.

Hi All,

My name is Gordon, l live in Oatley, kind of only really fished at San Souci Beach. Recently got a bait pump so l am at Dolls Point pumping nippers sometimes. Recently discovered Oatley has fishing spots, not that i didn't realise l lived near water!!!!!!, but l didn't know there was good fishing near the bridge and rocks..lol Ahh we'll better late than never. So in the not too distant future, anyone around Oatley seeing some dude with a push bike setup to go fishing come say hi!!!! I'll teach you a thing or two about catching fish the size of gold fish, but aren't gold fish!!lol

Gordon

hi all raiders!!!

I'm scratchie jnr but my real name is Tyran. my dad (scratchie) has got the brains but I catch the fish.

I'm 13 years old and I have been fishing ever since I could pick up a rod.

I grew up in the blue mountains in a little place called Winmalee. I have recently moved up to port stephans and I have been living up here for 3 years and I am loving it !!! I recon fishraider is a great site and I hope to learn different techniques and different strategies

kind regards

scratchie_junior619

Hi All,

My name is Gordon, l live in Oatley, kind of only really fished at San Souci Beach. Recently got a bait pump so l am at Dolls Point pumping nippers sometimes. Recently discovered Oatley has fishing spots, not that i didn't realise l lived near water!!!!!!, but l didn't know there was good fishing near the bridge and rocks..lol Ahh we'll better late than never. So in the not too distant future, anyone around Oatley seeing some dude with a push bike setup to go fishing come say hi!!!! I'll teach you a thing or two about catching fish the size of gold fish, but aren't gold fish!!lol

Gordon

Welcome Gordon to fishraider. I think you'll find a lot if useful information on this site to assist you with your fishing endeavours. Look forward to reading your posts.

Cheers scratchie!!! Mod team

How rude of me! Replying to someone else, and not introducing myself, attending the SP social.....

My name is Andrew I live in East Ryde and have no imagination. So I called myself Ryder.

47yo, fished the harbour from a tinny chasing flathead, salmon,tailor, whatever for years.

I also chase Jewie on the beaches when I have the time; now I'm cutting my teeth on plastics.

I started fishing with my granddad, a retired cop in Forster; veggie patch out the back, boat out the front.

Run my own landscape maintenance company; any questions please ask.

I like a laugh, and love to fish.

I know I came to the right place.

I forgot to do this bit sorry. My name is John.

It all started many many years ago with chooks and horses. I learned you could tie flies from the chook feathers and get into some back country with the horses...the chooks took a back seat and fly fishing became my relaxation. Living on the bay it was easy to learn salt water fishing from the old guys that used to live in the area. We always had a tinnie to muck around with and the freezer normally had fish in it, the weekend would find us catching prawns or crabs and cooking them up on the beach.

Now the horses have gone, the chooks have taken over the stables, the dressage arena is now vegie gardens, recently bought myself a boat and now I am one of the oldies that taught me so much.

Many thanks for letting me join up, if you see a new Quinnie Sea Spirit hanging around on the bay, get out of the way or stand on the ramp, it is the safest place to be.

J

Edited by Jocler

I forgot to do this bit sorry. My name is John.

It all started many many years ago with chooks and horses. I learned you could tie flies from the chook feathers and get into some back country with the horses...the chooks took a back seat and fly fishing became my relaxation. Living on the bay it was easy to learn salt water fishing from the old guys that used to live in the area. We always had a tinnie to muck around with and the freezer normally had fish in it, the weekend would find us catching prawns or crabs and cooking them up on the beach.

Now the horses have gone, the chooks have taken over the stables, the dressage arena is now vegie gardens, recently bought myself a boat and now I am one of the oldies that taught me so much.

Many thanks for letting me join up, if you see a new Quinnie Sea Spirit hanging around on the bay, get out of the way or stand on the ramp, it is the safest place to be.

J

Welcome to fishraider. It's a fantastic site, shared by many of skilled fishos. Look forward to reading your adventures.

Cheers scratchie!!! Mod team