Allow Me To Introduce Myself

mrsswordfisherman

Hi all

My name is steve aka PATEY started fishing from a young age while on holidays with my parents in harvey bay and now enjoy all forms of fishing but prefer to out in the bluewater chasing pelagic when possible with my mates.Have been married 22 years and have 3 beautiful girls.I work as a shift worker at OI glass making all those beer bottles that we like to down after a big day out on the water.Have been a raider for a week now but use to visit regulary to check out what was going on and look forward to posting some more post in the future

cheers PATEY :1fishing1:

Greetings all, My name is John, I'm 48 and Live on the top end of the Central Coast and like many up here in God's country, make the commute to Sydney every day.I've been a member since 2008 but have been a little hesitant on posting, but that is going to change.

Just invested in my 11th boat, Yes, 11th I hear you say...not all at once. It's a Trailcraft 5.8 Sports Cab, handed the dollars over at approx 11.00am, Friday 11th November, 2011, wife favourite number is.......11. Hence the name of the new boat, "Eleven".

Been fishing since I could walk, we grew up on the Hawkesbury. Now days mainly into catch and release regardless of size, get more of a buzz watching them swim away with the picture on my camera, I like to call it fishing for tomorrow, not for today. Anyways, married almost 27 years to a lovely lady that actually encourages me to spend money on my boat...not she is not for sale, and 2 fabulous son's 23 & 21 who also love fishing.

I love this site, very informative and managed well,

Fish Lake Mac and Brisbane waters, if you see me, take the time to say G-Day.

Best regards. Doods.

Gday All,

I have been lurking around this site for a while gathering some very useful pieces of information and loving all of the banter that goes on. My name is Kai (aka flatbattery), also live in Leeton NSW. Bit far away from the kings and jews but regularly get onto to the cod and yellas of the 'bidgee (just about every weekend) and head to batemans bay a few times a year.

I am in the process of fitting out my stacer proline ready for a couple of weeks of serious coastal fishing over the christmas break. So hello to you all and all the best for the new year. TIGHT LINES!!

G'day guys and gals, I am Matt from Shell Cove. I have a Stacer 474 with a 60 on the back.

Fish as often as I can when not working or golfing. I mainly target flathead (as the username implies)

drifting between Bass Point and Kiama. Not bad scenery!!

Hopefully up for a night of prawning on Lake Illawarra in the near future, will let you know how I get on.

• 1 month later...

Hello :)

I'm Sheridan, married to James, mum to Jake (12) and Kate (11)

We have recently moved to Gorokan on the Central Coast and absolutely loving it!

I work in Electrical wholesale in Sydney providing electricians with all of their supplies, but mostly work in projects with major accounts. My husband is in Property Management looking after residential properties.

We have a 4.8m, half cabin aluminium boat with a 100hp four stroke motor and are learning as we go! She is an absolute beast that my father had built - she's bloody ugly, but she turns heads wherever we go!

Although not new to "driving a boat around", we are complete beginners at owning one and all things fishing. We are keen to get into it though and start getting some nice catches... I hate seafood, so it's mostly catch and release for us unless Hubby and the kids fancy a bit of BBQ fish. Our son has developed a real love of fishing!. We throw the kids out on the biscuit after a fishing trip so they have a bit of an adrenalin rush too :P

As the only one with a boating license, I am the skipper of our gal for now. My father dubbed (and stickered) her DILLIGAF :05:

Anyhoo, if anyone is around Gorokan and wants to meet up on the lake on a Sunday, give us a yell and we'll happily allow you to show us a couple of your good spots... (LMAO!!) :biggrin2:

Mrsswordfisherman, just wanted to point out too, I am glad to see some chickies here :)

Sheridan

Hello :)

I'm Sheridan, married to James, mum to Jake (12) and Kate (11)

We have recently moved to Gorokan on the Central Coast and absolutely loving it!

I work in Electrical wholesale in Sydney providing electricians with all of their supplies, but mostly work in projects with major accounts. My husband is in Property Management looking after residential properties.

We have a 4.8m, half cabin aluminium boat with a 100hp four stroke motor and are learning as we go! She is an absolute beast that my father had built - she's bloody ugly, but she turns heads wherever we go!

Although not new to "driving a boat around", we are complete beginners at owning one and all things fishing. We are keen to get into it though and start getting some nice catches... I hate seafood, so it's mostly catch and release for us unless Hubby and the kids fancy a bit of BBQ fish. Our son has developed a real love of fishing!. We throw the kids out on the biscuit after a fishing trip so they have a bit of an adrenalin rush too :P

As the only one with a boating license, I am the skipper of our gal for now. My father dubbed (and stickered) her DILLIGAF :05:

Anyhoo, if anyone is around Gorokan and wants to meet up on the lake on a Sunday, give us a yell and we'll happily allow you to show us a couple of your good spots... (LMAO!!) :biggrin2:

Mrsswordfisherman, just wanted to point out too, I am glad to see some chickies here :)

Sheridan

Welcome Sheridan and yes, I love to see other gals on here. C'mon women let's take on the men :)

Hi All, The name is Darryl and I live in Ingleburn, (Sth West Syd), have been into Yacht Racing for many years and have only Just taken up the Rod and Reel. Looking forward to catching something in the Botany Bay, Port Hacking area

Hi All,

Name is Steve and live out at Mount Annan. Been lurking here a while so thought it's time to actually post something.

Been fishing for a long time but only recently have started to take a bit more serious approach to it. Don't get out that often but when we do it's either Sydney Harbour or down to Jervis Bay where my inlaws live.

Have had some good success down at JB which has helped my mates and I get hooked on aiming for larger fish and getting some better gear. Will be heading down there late Feb for a week so hoping to land a few decent fish.

Cheers,

Steve

Edited by NineTen

Hey folks,

My name's Ben and I'm a 36yr old, immature Englishman who has lived in Sydney for over 4 years now. Ive fished all my life really - course fishing on the canals, beach fishing with my dad, digging worms and gathering other baits on mud flats, trout fishing in rural streams on camping holidays, and pier fishing for most of my teens. Gotten back into fishing in Oz inspired by the possibility of getting a decent feed!

Land based mainly and have been learning the necessaries to chase tailor, salmon, bream, whiting and flatties. Have recently been playing around with plastics a bit more on light set ups, as well as upping the ante with some heavier gear for chasing some big fellas after a few big bust ups.

I live in Clovelly in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs and fish several times a week at any hour necessary when i'm not working. I'm not scared of putting the hours in of late and have been getting up at crazxy o'clock very regularly of late! I'd like to get out on a boat more and meet other like minded considerate fisherman who can show and teach me more about what can be gained from getting out on the water. I would love to think about a co-own boat not far down the track. Consider me an ongoing 'desperate and boatless' person, and PM me if you're up for a bit of help/company on your boating trip. I know my way around a boat having worked on super yachts as a deckie.

I've been a regularly reader of this site but haven't interacted so much. I plan to change this to get the most out of my fishing experiences and share with others too.

All the best for now folks...

Ben aka TheGinjaNinja

Sympathy for the Jew fisherman

Please allow me to introduce myself

I'm a fisherman of taste

I've been around for a long long year

Stole many a mans fish without bait

And I was round when old Rex Hunt

Had his moment of doubt and pain

Made damn sure that Young E.T

Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you

Don't forget my name

But what's puzzling you

Is the nature of my game

I stuck around the fishing hole

When no other did remain

All the rest that were around

Left with empty bags in the rain

I held my rods

Ready at a chance

To make that strike

When it came

Head held high and spirits low

Hours long spent but not in vain

Pleased to meet you

Don't forget my name

I think by now you know

Why I play this game

I watched with glee

As the rods did bend

Fought for an hour

Or more under-gunned

I shouted out

You don't know who your messing with

Your end of days has come

It was a battle of an epic scale

Short ground won and lost

With power gone all I had left

Was a fish and miles of frost

Pleased to meet you

Don't forget my name

If you do you will

End up just the same

With nothing left I stumble forth

To claim my huge quarry

I help her and reflect on our fight

And I watch her swim into the bay

Pleased to meet you

Don't forget my name

Although maybe you might

Want to be the same

Gday all, I'm Bean. I'm a (mostly) shore based angler. Excluding a few trips with Dad when I was a tyke, I have been fishing for the best part of only 1 year now and I am massively hooked on it. I work at the Penrith quarry which sits right on the Nepean river. As a result, I've spent a great deal of time on the fresh water. When the weather is right (and sometimes when its not) I fish the fresh about 4-5 times during the week. This being said, I very much prefer the salt, spending as much time every weekend fishing it as I can - sometimes travelling ridiculous distances to do so. Being shore based, I have had most of my success fishing for bass, mullet, carp, bream and flathead. I like to think of flathead as my specialty, as it is the only fish I've caught that I enjoy eating. I've dedicated a lot of time researching and practicing the best methods for catching them and over the past few months it has really paid dividends. As with my other hobbies, if it interests me I really get into it in a big way. I'm also a tattoo and performance car enthusiast. These get slightly less attention now that a lot of my time and funds go towards fishing, research and gear, but I still have a passion for them nonetheless. I joined fishraider to explore the sport of fishing a bit more and broaden my knowledge and skillbase. I'm also keen to meet up with a few likeminded raiders for a fish or a beer. There are so many learning opportunities that this site has to offer and I can't wait to get involved! I'm looking to head out on the boat a bit more now that I'm consistently catching my targeted species, so ill be looking to these forums for some boating tips and advice as well.

Cheers,

B

Hi all, my name is Jared, I used to do a bit of fishing as a kid on the south coast around Batemans Bay but have since moved up to Wollongong for Uni. I'm only just getting back into the fishing scene and have been chasing bream and drummer off the rocks for the last few weeks but will be looking forward to targeting some of the larger fish at night. Unfortunately I don't know too much about jew so I'm here to learn a bit more. For the people who would like to target bream from the rocks I'll be happy to share a bit of knowledge on how to target them.

Cheers,

Jared

Hi all I am new to this forum so I am here to tell you a little about myself. I was a keen fisho during the 90s but as family commitmants took over the boat was sold and fishing took a back seat. Over the last 12 months my passion has started to grow again and as such I have been doing some land based fishing. I have just purchased a boat as the fishing bug has bitten pretty hard once again. I love fishing the Georges River and Bay area as I love the scenary along the river and the variety of fish the Bay has to offer. I am 38 years old with 3 kids and I work in the public transport sector (dont hold that against me).I live in the Picton area of N.S.W so I dont have too far to travel to get into some fishing. I look forward to getting to know you and sharing stories.Glenn.

just a few lines to say hi and introduce myself, I'm Phil and spend most of my time fishing the moruya/tuross/batemans bay area, and have the odd dangle around the canberra region when i am up that way. I'm keen to get out wider and target some bill fish soon, I'd also like to learn a bit about chasing trout and/or freshwater natives. most of the time i'm on my hobie on the rivers or outside with a mate in his 6m mustang

Hi all,

very pleased to be part of a great forum.

Haven't fished much over the past few years, but picking up the traces again now I have more time.

I'm land based and concentrating on Blackfish but I'm going to give pigs and bream a go later on this year.

I live quite near Kurnell/Botany Bay/Georges River but almost entirely fish at Kurnell.

Not much experience with Blackfish, some great tips here have really helped me catch - thanks to Luderick Angler and others for some very helpful info.

Cheers

G,day all,

Pats my name .

Recently rekindled my love of fishing after a fairly long absence. (haven't done much fishing from my late teens till now) oh and I'm 35 .

Looking forward to whatever advice or pointers you all can give me.I have read every magazine on fishing I could lay my hands on so theoretically I should be an expert.

Theory and practice though are two different things.

Love fishing sydney harbour and outside the heads, and as I mentioned earlier could do with a few pointers from those of you with more practical experience than me .

Which wouldn't be hard !

My goal was to catch a king this summer so I am going out on the 10th of March with a couple of lads to see if I can tick that box.

Any suggestions you may have on locations etc would be welcomed.

Tight lines ladies and gentlemen.

PG

Hi everyone!

I am Karen (aka RedPumpkin) and I am a 22-yo new angler who just started fishing on Australia Day '12.

I now go with my partner every weekend shore/sand fishing. To date I have caught bream, red morwong, parrotfish, pufferfish and whiting. Unfortunately, the whiting jumped out of my bucket before I could measure it :05: I think it was around 30cm (I wish...) I was so gutted though, I will try again this weekend (wish me luck!! :yahoo: )

Also, I have recently been using yabbies/nippers for bait and have been releasing the undersized and pregnant yabbies, however, they seem to take a very long time to bury under the sand again. How do I make sure they are safely released before I can go finding more yabbies (a lot of hungry seagulls in the area)?

I hope everyone has a good week :1prop:

P.S. I like fishing the Port Hacking and Botany Bay area (heading to Taren Point for whiting this weekend)

Edited by redpumpkin

Hi Guys,

Some very informative posts, advice and a lot of interesting introductions from people all over Australia.

As for me I'm a fishing newbie, just started a couple of months ago. I've only fished a few locations around Sydney but its taken a hold of me. My nickname is Izzy or Iz. I'm nearly 28 and work at a bank. So life pretty boring 5 days a week. Its a struggle to convince my friends to go fishing every weekend but I'm trying. Hopefully can tag along or organise a few fishing sessions with the members here! :). I'm located in Sydney West.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys and Girls

I've just joined the forum to try and do some research and increase my chances when I head out fishing.

I'm a 29yo guy, married with 4 kids and I used to fish heaps before the kids came. After barely throwing a line in the water for over 5 years I've been dragged back into it by a mate who decided he needed a keen fishing partner.

Since then I've been out mainly rock or beach fishing weekly since. I live in the Wollongong area so there is plenty of choice with regards to fishing spots but with only a small tinnie at our disposal the only boating we'll be doing will be in the lake.

I just spent all day Saturday out on the edge of the shelf off Newcastle and it's got me pretty keen for a boat so we'll see how that pans out.

I've now got to find a few hours to trawl through all the threads on here. :biggrin2:

Hi raiders My name is Brian age 41 married with 3 boys age 7,5,2 they keep me busy with football and soccer.Just bought my first boat nauticstar 5.5m center console love it as much as the wife.Been fishing all my life still remember catching fish in my dads boat when i was a young boy.Would like to do the same with my boys so they have the same memories.The boys love fishing ,Lisa (wife) got sea sick first day and it was glass in botany bay ,so no more wifey comming fishing just the boys , bummer that !!!.We live in glenmore park penrith go the panthers.Good fishing Brian.post-6807-053770600 1331632227_thumb.jpg post-6807-027336800 1331632980_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I'm Sal,

AKA extremeterror, I'm an old computer gamer and "extremeterror" has been my handle for years. Now I wish I could catch fish like I can play games!!! I was introduced to fishing at an early age by my dad, he was and still is a keen fisherman...I've always loved fishing but have never been that passionate about it, until now! I want to learn about rods, reels, tackle, bait, live bait, what and how to catch everything especially a KINGY! So I'm on here everyday from now on, looking to learn from all of you.

Cheers

Hi All,

I am new here and new to inland fishing. I live in the campbelltown area and am keen to cast a line in locally. I have tried a couple of spots in the nepean river near Camden and Menangle but no luck so far. Anyone fished the areas recently with results? Know of any decent spots for a bit of fun?

I am starting to use hard body lures and soft plastics but don't seem to have much luck. Happy to get any tips or tricks on usage/techniques anyone can offer.

Cheers

Jazz.