Allow Me To Introduce Myself

mrsswordfisherman

Hello everyone, my name is Anthony, I now live on the beautiful south coast at Maloneys Beach just out of Batemans Bay for those who don't know, was born and bred in the Northern Territory, was always out on the barra up north, then family committment took me to the dark and dreary state of Victoria (no offence to anyone) where I spent a few years chasing Murray Cod.

Now very much enjoying the south coast, have a little 1970 3.9 quinny that has been in the family for a long time, and has never let me down, that is always seen just outside Maloneys nearly every other weekend, mainly targeting Flatty and whatever else grabs my hook, also don't mind a feed of squid, but please don't tell anyone, apparently it's a secret here.

That about covers the very short story of me, hope to get to know most you, will most likely sit in the back ground for a while, then jump in the deep end.

looking for forward to the education you guys and girl will give me.

Cheers................

:1welcomeani: to fishraider :biggrin2:

Hello everyone!

Good to see such an awesome community of people!

Let me introduce myself, my name is Andy currently located in Seven hills and recently started to develop a love or fishing.

As of last week I now have my first decent gear happening:

- Daiwa 6'6' crossfire x rod

- Daiwa crossfire 2500 reel (should have gone smaller)

Would love to fish more often but stuck in the rat race.

Since I'm new, will be asking a lot if silly questions so forgive my innocence

And thanks to everyone in advance

• 1 month later...

Hello fellow fisher-folk, really pleased to find such a large Sydney based fishing community. None of my friends are into fishing so it is great to be able to hit up the internet and find some like minded individuals. My names Phil, I'm 29 and live in the Eastern suburbs of Sydney and when I'm not fishing I'm doing a bachelor of arts, majoring in Criminology at UNSW. Other interests include martial arts, photography and cycling.

I started fishing in September of 2012, my girlfriend actually got me into it! I've been using a cheapy $20 telescoping rod from &&*&*&, but recently I upgraded by taking advantage of the boxing day sales, so now I seem to have a particularly oversized rod that feels a little awkward to use. I don't have a boat, and am a little reluctant to try rock fishing by myself. My girl and I usually fish the ferry wharves in the eastern suburbs (McKell park, Rosebay, Watsons bay).

We are both new to the sport so hopefully we can meet some lovely people that would share their knowledge with us and in return we'll shout you some beers, bait and pleasant conversation. Hope to meet some of you soon.

Evening all

From Brighton Le Sands, love fishing, have been away from it for a good 10-15 years, and getting back in now initially for my kids, 3 and 6 and loving it again

Caught yellowbelly on our farm in the Castlereagh river near dubbo as a kid, up to Barra in FNQ

Got a yabby pump today, got 15 or so at Sans Souci and looking to start heading out a bit more now and look forward to learning from the experienced out there, and hopefully give back as well

Cheers

Hi fellow raiders,

My name is Jeff, aka scratchie and I have been using this site for about three months now. Wow what a website for tragic fishos like me. I live in port stephens but originally come from the blue mountains. The mtns were just to far away from the water. I've loved fishing ever since I can remember but only really got into it when I was 27. I am now 38yo. Over the past year living up here in gods country I've really put some hours on the boat. (680 engine hrs)

It's a fantastic place to fish from whiting to marlin!

I have 4 kids aged between 3-12 and my two eldest boys are my deckys. They can tell you what fish is coming on board by the way it fights. I love sharing my passion for fishing with them and the experiences we encounter on our journeys!!! My wife also enjoys fishing, boating etc, although often looks after our 3yo so we can go. She's very understanding.

I really really enjoy reading everyone's posts and yes I read everyone's.

So thanks for having me and hope you look forward to reading my posts too!!!

Tight lines,

Jeff aka scratchie

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Raiders,

Freshly approved brand new member here. My name is Luke ( Ilovefishingdamnit). I'm a 25 year old Uni student/retail assistant manager/out of control fishing junkie! I've been into fishing since I was 5 years old. Growing up in both Sydney and Los Angeles, I've had the unique opportunity to experience some great and memorable fishing, both in Sydney's estuaries and the epic long range boats off the coast of California. Fishing is my passion, in all of it's forms; from finesse fishing with lures and soft plastics to live baiting kings and other line burning pelagic species. I currently live in Macquarie Park, Sydney and am land bound until I can afford a boat. It's always good to join a welcoming and friendly community of like minded people who share the knowledge and experience that has given them some awesome fishing memories. I look forward to meeting all of you and doing my best to impart the knowledge that has been so generously shared with me over the years. =)

Tight Lines,

Luke

Hi Everyone,

My Name is Tim "aka 1Mopar" Been in the car scene for a while but always loved fishing, just bought myself another boat after missing not getting out after 8 years, Ended up getting a little 4.5mtr Stacer centre console to get me out there. i live in windsor and do a bit of bass fishing but im really keen to try and get to the harbour and go for Kings.

I look forward to talking you all in the future.

Cheers Tim

Hi fishraiders!

Been lurking around this forum for a while and decided to finally climb on board!

I have been into bait fishing for a long time and finally took up lure fishing which has been a frustrating journey Soo far! Hopefully with a little more reading and tips for other members I will finally be able to catch something.

See you all around the forum :)

G'day people, just starting to get into fishing. Haven't used lures before so am trying to learn what goes where to catch what. Live in camden so want to find fishing spots within an hour of me. Love taking the boat out a 4.7m runabout.

• 2 months later...

G'day fellow fishing addicts! I'm Anthony...the "Snagmaster"! Can you guess why I gave myself that name?? Well...no reason... <_<...except to say that I've caught my fair share of reef over the years.

Anyway, I've been in and out of fishing since I was 10, but due to not living close to decent water, no friends with boats, couldn't afford tackle or travel, I've just slipped out of it. Now I'm equipped with transport and I'm gathering tackle as my budget allows, I'm seriously trying to get back into it on all levels...rocks, beach, jetty, estuary....but still no friends with boats. Guess I'm just not one of those guys that gets picked for the team. I've discovered that I don't need a boat and actually think land based fishing is far more challenging AND rewarding. Not to mention cheaper, albeit limited.

Saw a couple of guys pull hammerheads onto the rocks a few weeks ago and I want some of that action!

Sooo....I'm here to pester you all and hopefully offer some input into discussions.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, my name's Malcolm, just thought i'd say hi. Been into fishing since I was little, however living in outer western sydney, I've only really fished while on holidays (never fished freshwater). I've recently bought a boat and kitted it out so that has opened up enough opportunities to make a few worthwhile (hopefully) day trips :)

Hi all my i'll tack on to this post my name is wayne and i'm from beautiful newcastle ,i fish beach /rock and over the last few years have gotten into lure fishing for bream and flathead i also do a fair bit of prawning around the myall lakes in summer . I have a 4.1 polycraft and love it to death very stable to fish from only downside is it can be a bit wet in a large chop.I look foward to sharing ideas from like minded fishos.

cheers

dirty dog

I'm Alluring (scuse the bad pun, I couldn't think up a decent username), I'm 20 and live just out of Canberra. Never really did too much fishing growing up, I spent alot of time around ulladulla though because my grandparents and cousins are down there. Used to go out on the rocks once a year im queensland with hand reels and my old man, and occasionally went out in my uncle's boat but that was all the exposure I needed to buy my own gear when I got my license at 17. Since I began driving I've literally been down the coast most weekends, especially over the summer with friends. Began for fun a few years ago, chucking a line in off different areas of headland, but gradually gotten alot more serious as I've slowly upgraded my various tackleboxes and gear. Lately I've spent the last few months chasing salmon up and down the coast whenever I can get away. I also give freshwater a shot every now and then in the different lakes and mountains around Canberra, but never caught anything worth bragging about ;) I'd love to get into se of the freshwater species though, both introduced and native but my biggest challenge is finding time.. I spend alot of time divided between two jobs and university, but i've finally put aside enough money to start looking for a boat! I'd eventually love to get something big enough to take out to sea trolling for kingies and other big fish but for now thinking of getting a cheap tinny for the lakes and estuaries around! Lastly, I've signed up to the community after about a year of browsing the forums in the shadows when looking for new spots or advice! I'm definitely keen to learn more, I'll probably be pestering people with questions, but if you can get past that you'll find I'm probably just overly excited to catch fish!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I'm Jonathan. Live on the north shore, usually go fishing around the area.

I've been reading the site for a while but just recently become a member to post. If anyone goes for a fish around my area give me a call I'd love to join

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I'm John and 74 years young.

I did a lot of fresh water fishing back in the UK but since I came to the colonies :sun: in 1965 I have not been able to get into fishing mostly because I couldn't find any body to go with and show me the ropes. I drifted into many activities including golf (HC 32) I would have gone pro but I couldn't get my handicap off 32 :mad3: Drifted into on line gameing till I had a heart attack this year which ended in a triple bypass. I'm well recovered now and thought I might get back into fishing again so bought myself some gear, watched some youtube vids on light gear soft plastics and began to sus out some likely fishing spots in western Sydney near where I live. Going to check one out tomorrow then, when the weather warms up or someone invites me :whistling: , I'll be Gone Fishing trying out the soft plastic on some of the big Carp they tell me are out there.

Cheers

John

Hi all, I'm John and 74 years young.

I did a lot of fresh water fishing back in the UK but since I came to the colonies :sun: in 1965 I have not been able to get into fishing mostly because I couldn't find any body to go with and show me the ropes. I drifted into many activities including golf (HC 32) I would have gone pro but I couldn't get my handicap off 32 :mad3: Drifted into on line gameing till I had a heart attack this year which ended in a triple bypass. I'm well recovered now and thought I might get back into fishing again so bought myself some gear, watched some youtube vids on light gear soft plastics and began to sus out some likely fishing spots in western Sydney near where I live. Going to check one out tomorrow then, when the weather warms up or someone invites me :whistling: , I'll be Gone Fishing trying out the soft plastic on some of the big Carp they tell me are out there.

Cheers

John

Hey youngster welcome to the forums :banana: you will love it here John

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

A few words to introduce myself. I just moved to Sydney, and plan to stay a few years here. Quite a long trip as I come from France.

I'm 28 and I have started fishing a few years ago (Saltwater). I tried lure fishing one year ago and definitely get the virus ! I hope I will be able to improve my skills here in NSW waters.

I try to fish regularly, even if it's not always easy because of a busy schedule.

I live near darling harbor. I hope I will find good spot near by as I don't have a car here yet. At least for the after work session :thumbup:

Cheers.

Hi everyone,

A few words to introduce myself. I just moved to Sydney, and plan to stay a few years here. Quite a long trip as I come from France.

I'm 28 and I have started fishing a few years ago (Saltwater). I tried lure fishing one year ago and definitely get the virus ! I hope I will be able to improve my skills here in NSW waters.

I try to fish regularly, even if it's not always easy because of a busy schedule.

I live near darling harbor. I hope I will find good spot near by as I don't have a car here yet. At least for the after work session :thumbup:

Cheers.

Welcome zzpedro to our forum look forward to reading your fishing reports :)

swordfisherman and I will be in France soon

G'day Everyone - just want to quickly intro myself

from sydney - got hooked with fishing when

I met my wife :-) yes the wife showed me how to fish

now I enjoy taking my 4wd and fishing rigs

hope to bump to you guys somewhere

Edited by pbk1776

• 1 month later...

G'day all,

Just joined the forum after reading through it for a while, looks to be a really good resource full of people that genuinely like to help.

I'm from Newcastle but living in Wagga currently, so I mainly just fish the Murrumbidgee, but able to get to Blowering, Burrunjuck etc from time to time.

I have saltwater opportunities as well when I visit home or the outlaws on the South Coast.

I'm an extreme novice who is currently boatless, but I'd like to change both of these things.

Looking forward to picking your collective brains and hopefully sharing some success stories in the near future.

All the best,

Pete

Edited by PeteDavo23

• 2 weeks later...

G'day Raiders,

My names Dave, I'm 27 and from Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley. Me and my young fella (12 soon, yep 12 haha) love all forms of fishing, especially chasing bass in the Hunter river and lake Glenbawn and hunting jewies when I get the chance to get away. Most of my fishing is land based and I do enjoy the challenge of landing a huge fish from the bank.

I've been a long time reader making use of the abundance of great info on here and have decided to become a member so I can hopefully pass on some of the things I know. Most of my knowledge is on freshwater natives and I keep/have kept most species in large tanks over the years.

Check out this inflatable boat caught yella and this other ugly river monster!

post-32123-0-49893700-1381227949_thumb.jpg

post-32123-0-96291700-1381228436_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dave_

G'day Raiders,

My names Dave, I'm 27 and from Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley. Me and my young fella (12 soon, yep 12 haha) love all forms of fishing, especially chasing bass in the Hunter river and lake Glenbawn and hunting jewies when I get the chance to get away. Most of my fishing is land based and I do enjoy the challenge of landing a huge fish from the bank.

I've been a long time reader making use of the abundance of great info on here and have decided to become a member so I can hopefully pass on some of the things I know. Most of my knowledge is on freshwater natives and I keep/have kept most species in large tanks over the years.

Check out this inflatable boat caught yella and this other ugly river monster!

:1welcomeani: to Fishraider Dave_

Cheers Blood Knot