Allow Me To Introduce Myself

mrsswordfisherman

I suppse these Hello posts are a nice way to say hello and introduce yourself to a new forum, so I thought it would be a good idea ;)

Well here goes, I have not fished in 10years :( been unwell but on the mend now and keen to get back into although Ive moved from my past of estuary fishing and am now looking at beach fishing picked up a new rod and reel last week to get started on this journey.

I have a large learning curve infront but love that about fishing! Im a 33yr old dad from Currans Hill out near campbelltown, work as a Systems Engineer :/ and will be heading to both north and south coast beaches (stanwell, collaroy etc etc).

I don't have any target fish atm as ive only beach fished once or twice in the past, but will try a few different rig ups and baits and see how I go. Also have a trip planned in june with my wife down to Sussex Inlet (Berrara Beach) so that will be a nice week of just fishing with her and seeing how those waters fish these days.

Will be doing alot of reading on here, and probably a few questions along the way and hopefully some posts on how my weekends went.

Anyway thats pretty much my Hello!

G'day ParraBarra Man,

On behalf of me, myself and I, I might take you up on that carp offer and fill up a bin. welcome to Fishraider, there are heaps of friendly members here that

have plenty of experience and are all social. speaking of socials, there is a Fishraider social weekend in May at The Entrance with a friendly comp, come on up and meet some fellow

raiders and throw a line in, It is a family event so kids are more than welcome. see the post under the Socials heading. take it easy mate, PM me if you like.

Cheers Dan

Cheers mate, I may come up have my sister in law over from South Korea and have been struggling to find places to take her I think a good ole Aussie fishing comp is as Aussie of an experience she can get.

Hello again

I didn’t introduce myself properly 1st post I was a bit busy prolly working on my Living room Fishing Shrine (I’ll get back to that).

My name is Shane was introduced to here by my eldest of 3 sons Shane Jnr. I have 3 boys who I raised as a single dad, wasn’t all hard we just used 3 simple rules in this order. Your HEALTH, your Education & your Sense of Humour, get those 3 right and rest just falls into place.

So I was just sitting in my lounge room recently thinking their all grown up so WTF am I doing hording trophies & other stuff when I have the skill to design, CNC machine and build a Fishing style ‘MAN CAVE’ so I have a few pic’s I hope you’ll enjoy.

I’m new to what these pic’s will do on size thing so please feel free to delete this post if it’s oversized.

IMG_0656_zpsuc3envin.jpgIMG_0740_zpsxscjeuw1.jpgIMG_0757_zpsirehwvhj.jpgIMG_0753_zpsmhfgniui.jpg

I have just finished my proto- for wall mounted rod holder will post it later if ya like :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi raiders!

Thought I'd introduce myself as this current storm has killed my electricity and all I can think about is when I can wet a line next.

My names Allen and I'm a 19yr old student studying a bachelors of science with majors in nutrition, metabolism and physiology at USYD and I'm also a part time personal trainer. I've been fishing ever since I was 6, after my grampa and dad took me up to the entrance and foul hooked a little whiting in the gut. Instantly I was hooked and have been rockfishing and river/wharf fishing since. It's been about 4-5 years since I've properly fished and just recently I've decided to get back into it. Buying my own rods and gear I've motivated a group of friends to join me to fish mostly on weekends and fridays/ whenever we get a chance.

I live in the bexley area and don't own a boat so im restricted to mostly land based fishing. But I hope to one day pull up the elusive jew or maybe even a kingy. I fish mostly the georges and hacking systems and you'll see me in my blue bucket hat and home made tackle belt wearing a sydney high athletics long sleeve. Feel free to say hi and have a chat :)

This community is awesome and fishing definitely brings everyone together! Better health = long time to fish :D

Edited by mrsswordfisherman

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to introduce my self.

My name is blake and I am 14 years old from the Central Coast, NSW.

I have been fishing for about a year and a half now and have loved it ever since.

I also love to surf,film and photography.

I fish weekly at mainly "the entrance" and fishing new spots is good when I go to them with my friends.

Can't wait to start using this website and get some great tips and tricks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been fishing for about a year and a half now and have loved it ever since.

I fish weekly at mainly "the entrance" and fishing new spots is good when I go to them with my friends.

Welcome to Fishraider

Welcome mate! From your recent post I'm sure you are the young fella that walked pasted me and my kids north of the entrance! Nice EP btw! You'll get some great info hear Blake! Hope you enjoy the site!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Hey Blake,

Like Scratchie, I saw you and the gang out fishing Friday arvo.

Fishing, surfing, film and photography, great careers options.

Keep it up, and keep the reports coming.

Ryder

Edited by Ryder

Hey Raiders.

My name is Mark and I am 36, recently moved to Northern Beaches. Very new to fishing (4 months) and loving it.

Site has been amazing for info and help for new people, it is a credit to everyone.

Scientist by trade and work in pharmaceuticals (legal ones) now. A heap of travel which is tough but it funds the fishing addiction.

Just started fishing off the Narrabeen beach, if you are around let me know and if i am not on a plane, would be great to share a beer while soaking some pillies.

I am the big bloke with pillies on one rig in the sand, metal lure spinning with the other.

Lutha

Hello Raiders!

My name is Brenton, I'm 25 from the central coast near the mouth of wyong river at don small oval. I have only been fishing for about 6 months. I decided to start straight on plastics and absolutely love it!

Fishing quickly became my passion and I've only tried land based! The day I get a boat is the day I will never be seen elsewhere.

For the first 6 months I've targeted flatties, biggest being 60cm and now starting to target Ep's and bream. I release all my catches as I haven't planned to eat any that night so why keep them right?

I would love to get employment within the fishing industry as it is an absolute passion now.

Been reading the forums for about 3 months and Thanks to the raiders social at the entrance I met mr and mrs swordfisherman while I was having a sneaky flick before picking my misses up for work (hence my username) so I've signed up :)

Thanks everyone and happy fishing!

• 1 month later...

G'day Raiders

First thanks to admin for this opportunity to join your forum. Hope I can add some interesting comments, fishing stories and receive some great advice from fellow fisho's from your excellent site.

My name is Alan, I am 54 years young, my wife says I should grow up but my body tells me I'm already there plus a bit more. I reside in Como, but was born in England. I grew up in NZ from the age of 10. I have fished from the age of six, starting with course fishing around the local lakes/ponds around Manchester.

After emigrating to Auckland, NZ in the early seventies fishing took on a whole new world both in size abundance and diversity. Just what every young fisho needs to stay keen. Thought I new my fair share requiring catching a fish, until my wife and I moved to Sydney. Talk about start again. It's more like pommy fishing where you have to specifically target a particular species. Not long after arriving in Sydney I bought a 6m centre console unfortunately between running a business and grandparent duties fishing from a boat has had to take a bit of a back seat. Sad to say the boat has not seen water for about 5 years, other than rain (embarrassing to say the least) I now have a bit more time on my hands and hope to sort the boat out in the near future, but am happy to fish from the rocks, beach or wharfs at present.

As above I hope to be able to contribute to this forum, whether it be with a laugh or sharing a spot or two, I'll give it a go.

Hope to see you out there.

Cheers for now

Hello gagafush. Welcome to the site. I've not done the NZ thing but am familiar with UK fishing. And I found it a big change from there.

You'll find expert advice and a genuinely sharing community here to help you back onto the water.

Admitting you have a problem ( not putting the boat in the water) is the first step to recovery :)

Hi all, thought I would start up this thread for members to get to know each other a little. We have had so many new members in the last few months and its interesting to know where we all come from.

I am mrsswordfisherman aka Donna and have the honour of being one of 2 female members on this site :diepig: . I am a moderator on this site and visit daily to read about the experiences of members. I am pushing 50 ( but sometimes act like a 20 yr old :smoke::beersmile::1yikes: ) and am the partner of swordfisherman aka Stewy.

I am a mother of 2 beautiful and smart daughters. A Registered Nurse involved with Nurse Education/OH&S, I enjoy trivia, fishing, the arts, 10 pin bowling and online card tournament directing and competing (cribbage, canasta, euchre etc.)

I have only been fishing for a year or two but I am learning real fast and have a great mentor in swordfisherman. My catches are not that notable but all caught on sp's. In fact I have never used live bait and have literally "grown up" on these plastic wonders. Best so far is a bass of 52 cms and a pb flattie of 56 cms. I enjoy reading the posts from members and learn something every day. We can be seen around the Sydney waterways in our teal coloured Polycraft boat, give us a wave if you see us.

Don't forget to fill in your member profile and send a personal message at any time if any problems.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

ADDIT: A few months after I posted the above in 2006 I became one of the 3 owners of fishraider.

I am the only female owner of a fishing website in Australia I believe. Now, 12 months on, there are now many, many more then 2 female members, women who like to fish and join in with their hubbys, sons, dads etc.... are now regular contributors to this site.

Our aim is to have the forum evolve into a place where women, young folk and men can share their fishing experiences from beginners to the more experienced. A website that is informative, educational and enjoyable with offline activity such as socials, workshops and lots more.

Contribute to fishraider, don't be shy and enjoy it

Hi guys, i'm 13 living on the Northern Beaches of sydney. I love everything fishing, if the tv is on, im watching a fishing show much to my sisters disgust :fishing1::074:. i joined fishraider last night and i love it. I normally fish the Narrabeen lakes for flatty's. last month i was treated to my first flathead, and i was thrilled as it was legal, off to the dinner plate he went!! my pb's are

flathead: 40cm

Bream:30cm

whiting: 38cm

long tong:50cm

i am always open to suggestions on where to fish and would love some tips from the more experienced anglers on the site

thanks, James Quillan

Edited by James Quillan

Good on you James as a young fellow you will learn a lot here.

Keep reading all the good information here and you will be on your way to becoming a competent angler.

thanks, i'm more than happy to gain knowledge from people more experienced than me to make me a better angler

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

I recently moved to Sydney and I am now looking for some people that are interested in any type of fishing really.

I live in Chiswick and if someone could show me some good spots it would be appreciated.

I don't have access to a boat but I have fished off boats a few times since coming over so not a complete rookie :)

I have also brought most of my gear over from the UK so I'm geared up to cater for more or less anything from flatties through to good size jewies.

Look forward to catching up with some of you.

Cheers,

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

My name is jesse. I'm 25 and a sheet metal worker by trade.

Im from the western suburbs of sydney, penrith to be exact.

I try to get out for a fish at least twice a week. Mainly chase kings from the stones on weekends, and get out during the week flicking plastics for jew and flathead.

Hoping to meet a few keen anglers to get stuck into a few fish with!

Jesso

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I've only just joined the forum.

I'm 47, Married with 2 boys.

I grew up on the water on the Georges river and it was an awesome experience- tinnies with 25hp etc- fishing, free boarding, diving, spearfishing.

I'm now landlocked in Woollahra but just bought a boat. I want my boys to share the experiences of boating and get their heads our of the computer room !

I have plenty of time now to get out and about on the harbour so hope to catch with some of you- I have very little harbour fishing experience.....

Carl