Allow Me To Introduce Myself

mrsswordfisherman

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my name is David. Been a member for a few weeks but lurking in the other topics and only just found the introductions page. I live in Sydney's Inner West and mostly fish Iron Cove and Canada Bay areas. I have a small (very small) poly boat that gets me up on the hard to access flats where I like lure and fly fishing. I also fish Sussex Inlet and St Georges Basin quite regularly. Haven’t fished much this year as I have been setting up a new business which has kept me ridiculously busy but I’m hoping to get out more in the coming months. Aside from fishing I also like motorbikes (road) and home brewing and distilling.

Hi, my name is David. Been a member for a few weeks but lurking in the other topics and only just found the introductions page. I live in Sydney's Inner West and mostly fish Iron Cove and Canada Bay areas. I have a small (very small) poly boat that gets me up on the hard to access flats where I like lure and fly fishing. I also fish Sussex Inlet and St Georges Basin quite regularly. Haven’t fished much this year as I have been setting up a new business which has kept me ridiculously busy but I’m hoping to get out more in the coming months. Aside from fishing I also like motorbikes (road) and home brewing and distilling.

David we welcome you to fishraider and thank you for being a sponsor of this website :clapping:

Good morning ladies and gents,

First off thanks to Donna for helping me get on this forum.

Okay the quick and dirty, live and fish in the central coast when I'm not trudging around the place doing whatever the govt requires.

I am one of the special in the head kayak fisherman, would love a boat but I have no where to keep it and figure I work on a ship so that will do me.

Mainly fish estuary but do venture out wide when I can.

I look forward to trawling through this site and building on my knowledge and maybe even making the odd contribution where I can.

Regards,

Brett.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Raiders,

My name is Troy and I live with my wife and dog in The Sutherland Shire in NSW. Just wanted to say a quick hello as I am new to the forums and a relative novice angler as well. I go fishing purely for the love of being away from the madness that surrounds us during our day to day lives and I find that when fishing I do some of my best thinking. I am a DIY-aholic, so anything you can do yourself I enjoy, from home brew to fixing electronic equipment etc etc....

I work in the security industry and have done so for 15 years. Just recently I got myself a job in Oyster Bay so its a blessing to have found a great job close to home and to also have good working hours too.

Look forward to contributing to the threads that I can and speaking with you all at some stage.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

G'day guys.

Name is Jye, I live out in the country around the Box Hill area, Hawkesbury. I'm 24 year old working within the online marketing and design industry and relatively new to fishing, however always had a strong interest in it since the few occasions of hand reel fishing as a child. Picked up a Jarvis Walker combo over the past week and a bit of equipment and finally got myself started.

Might be nice to see some of you out there at some point.

Hi everyone

My names is Jeff 38yrs 3 kids and work for a construction company.

decided hotted up cars were costing to much, so I sold the old car and bought a 4.5mtr tinnie with a old 25hp Johnson. It is really well set up for fishing and handles the harbour and Hawksbury well.

I go away fishing with a group of mates in Nov each year either in the Hawksbury river or down Jarvis bay. They are all experience and I am the newbie, so I'm here to read and learn my new hobby.

G’day All

John or Cargo05 here. We have just moved to the Forster area from Victoria. I have fished for many years (decades), flicking hard body lures for cod and yellows. Apart from a few trips to Merimbula I know very little about fishing in the salt. I am very keen to learn about fishing with soft plastics. Although I have not used SP in the past I have read many articles, and posts on this and other sites regarding the technique. Of course there is no substitute for getting on the water and giving it a go.

To short circuit the learning process we went on a fishing charter this week and had a pleasant and informative half day on the water in Wallis Lake. There appears to be many fishing options and it’s all a bit daunting.

Welcome aboard all, you will get a lot from this site, more so if you take the trouble to join in and post, even if it is only to thank someone for sharing their fishing experience with us.

Great to see more people from the Shire joining up, God's country is well represented here.

Cheers

Paikea

Hello all

I'm Angela and working my way to 40.

Have been land based fishing for a while - with a 7 year break when I was living in the UK.

Mostly wharf, beach and rock fishing (safety first)

Fishing the likes of Narrabean, Clifton Gardens, Royal National Park (down Audley way).

You may have seen me with with fishing gear,backpack, and trudging an hour through RNP to get to fishing spots... :) I really want to catch those fish!

Have known about this site for a while, but never joined for various reasons... but thought I'd take the plunge (Thanks Donna for helping me out)

Whilst I'd like to buy a boat, I'm going to hire boats for now... so that I can see how often I make the time to hire boats.... Otherwise, it may end up going the same was as the bicycle I bought, that lives quietly in my garage!

Other than fishing, I'm into gardening and I keep chickens - which take up a fair amount of time.

Nice to meet you all!

Cheers,

Angela

Edited by dynabolt

Hello all

I'm Angela and working my way to 40.

Have been land based fishing for a while - with a 7 year break when I was living in the UK.

Mostly wharf, beach and rock fishing (safety first)

Fishing the likes of Narrabean, Clifton Gardens, Royal National Park (down Audley way).

You may have seen me with with fishing gear,backpack, and trudging an hour through RNP to get to fishing spots... :) I really want to catch those fish!

Have known about this site for a while, but never joined for various reasons... but thought I'd take the plunge (Thanks Donna for helping me out)

Whilst I'd like to buy a boat, I'm going to hire boats for now... so that I can see how often I make the time to hire boats.... Otherwise, it may end up going the same was as the bicycle I bought, that lives quietly in my garage!

Other than fishing, I'm into gardening and I keep chickens - which take up a fair amount of time.

Nice to meet you all!

Cheers,

Angela

Welcome to you Angela and nice to have some female company on here !!!

Look forward to reading about your adventures

Cheers

Donna

Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself,

Names Jimmy aged 30 have a 9 month old boy (Tommy!!), just recently moved to St Ives,

Do have access to a 6.23 meter boat however due to family commitments nowadays It's just land based fishing for now,

Most important point, I Love Fishing!

Regards

Jimmy

Welcome Angela,

As a newcomer myself, the forum offers much to the fishing addicted with a great bunch of people. On another note, what breed of chicken do you keep?

J

Thank you!

I've got Australorps, Rhode Island Red and a few chooks from Barter & Sons - so Barter White, Brown and Cross.

Any tips on how to stop my Rhode Island Red from going broody all the time greatfully accepted! (I realise this isn't the site for it)

Welcome to you Angela and nice to have some female company on here !!!

Look forward to reading about your adventures

Cheers

Donna

Hi Angela,

Glad to see you took the plunge.

That a wide range of fishing destinations there.

We hope to see some posts of your trips soon

Cheers

Jim

Thanks all.

There should be a report after this weekend.

Will be heading out on a boat from Roseville on Saturday and trying out a few spots :) Can't wait as haven't been fishing for months!

• 2 weeks later...