Port Stephens- Last snapper report???

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Well I’m sure your all getting sick of me putting up many snapper reports but for me, it is the best time of year for them and my favourite type of angling! 

Today was no exception! 

Headed out with fellow raider @tyrone07 after @Woodsy1 pulled the pin last night due to illness.(get well champ) 

Anyway, conditions look promising and we headed off. Collected some live bait really easily and zoomed off to our first mark. 

Didn’t take long to find a few pannies and find some string pullers. Trouble was I couldn’t stop the bastards! They were taking livies, sps, bait and anything we could throw at them! 

Although, as soon as the wind died off, so did the bite! Had to move around several locations but I had faith I’d find them again and I sure did. 

Switched back to plastics with a good drift and was hitting up one after the other! Tyrone had a good tangle with a shark but I kept smacking some good fish! 

Started to feel a bit sorry for Tyrone as two good fish he worked hard for all day got the better of him! But to his credit he “just kept casting” except for when he was required on the net which was fairly often! 

The seas calmed to a glass off and the fish went to sleep! 

A few whales were breaching around us and it was time to head home at 30 plus knots! 

Overall we landed 26 legal fish, best one in the 70’s. Cracking day out and thanks for the netting Tyrone! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 38DFDC06-034D-4EBD-99DF-A527AE6BA1D7.jpeg.f10d54ab598a4f958e2b016488facb72.jpegD21837BA-DF33-4FE7-A671-6FF348CD5597.thumb.jpeg.8aadc0e21fbbdfe2ebb2b288a3812691.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Great stuff again, Jeff! Am I jealous or what?! Here I am off work for another week, hopefully 5 but can’t do anything or I might pop my stomach open! 😂 Maybe after next week I can get out if I take it easy. I’ve ordered a new transducer from the US via eBay (over $200 less than in Aus), so hopefully I can get that fitted soon and get back out there.

Must be really hard deciding to quit while they're still biting so well Jeff (LOL). Seriously, I've enjoyed reading all of your posts from PS...actually taken my mind off some of the daily realities affecting anglers out here. Cheers, bn

16 hours ago, jnrfinatic said:

You're making me jealous mate! Great feed for the table and awesome sized Reds! Well done! 

Adem

Cheers mate! It was great fun. 

15 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Great stuff again, Jeff! Am I jealous or what?! Here I am off work for another week, hopefully 5 but can’t do anything or I might pop my stomach open! 😂 Maybe after next week I can get out if I take it easy. I’ve ordered a new transducer from the US via eBay (over $200 less than in Aus), so hopefully I can get that fitted soon and get back out there.

There out there baz. I’m sure there’s one with your name on it. Get well soon! 

15 hours ago, Welster said:

Just awesome!

👍👍👍

14 hours ago, Yowie said:

Good work Scratchie, but it gives me the shits that I am in southern Qld, not near any fishing waters, and others are pulling out fish.  :mfr_lol:

Cheers yowie! You should travel somewhere that has fish then! 

11 hours ago, Toilor3000 said:

Always enjoy reading a @ScratchieSnapper report keep em coming!

Cheers mate! Maybe one more! Lol 😝 

10 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

And that bigger model on the good old coconut ice Zman jerk shad, too, I see Jeff. 😉

Yep! Worked out where to use it yesterday 👍

8 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

Wow another great haul, was Tyrone’s shark a mako by any chance, shame about the stonkers that dusted the two of you but sounds like you guys had a great day anyway 👍

Thanks! No mako, bronzy! 

The dustings well very frustrating but that’s fishing! 

5 hours ago, big Neil said:

Must be really hard deciding to quit while they're still biting so well Jeff (LOL). Seriously, I've enjoyed reading all of your posts from PS...actually taken my mind off some of the daily realities affecting anglers out here. Cheers, bn

Glad you enjoy it BN. Fishing takes my mind off everything 

4 hours ago, Woodsy1 said:

Good work Scratchie and Tyrone, sounded like another great day at Port Stephens 

Woodsy

It was mate! Tyrone’s netting skills are almost up there with yours! Lol 😝 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cracking day out on HMAS Scratchie mate, only thing missing was my poor performance and the beers. No matter what I tried I just couldn’t make em stick, I’m sure you got some tips from my solid betting performance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyrone07 said:

Cracking day out on HMAS Scratchie mate, only thing missing was my poor performance and the beers. No matter what I tried I just couldn’t make em stick, I’m sure you got some tips from my solid betting performance.

Bloody autocorrect. The last tip you gave me was a dud too! Lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peter Nelson said:

Mate I never get sick of your reports, only problem now is im keen to go fishing this weekend when I was hoping to get a few things done around the house, best get my priorities  right and get the boat ready

Now you starting to sound like Baz! Lol 😝 

Hook the boat up and get out there! The weather from Wednesday looks crap! There’s another excuse! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GoingFishing said:

I'm heading out tomorrow and you have me mega pumped Scratchie!!!!

Awesome result as always fellas. Killed it!!!

Good luck out there Sam! Should be a good day for it! Give those plastics a go! 👍

15 hours ago, quintrex52 said:

Never get sick of your reports mate, your a master of your craft. See you sometime soon 👍

Cheers Jeremy! Definitely catch ya soon! 

5 hours ago, Ribs said:

Wow, U tha man bro, some good reds there, killing it ! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Thanks Craig! They are chewing their heads off atm! Loving it 👍