Port Stephens- My backyard

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Finally got the opportunity to head out today with @back cruncher and one of my boys. 

After not fishing for snapper for quite a while, the plan today was to load up with livies, head to the island and flick for snapper and then go see if we could find a marlin on the way home. 

Glad to say that everything went to plan and it was a beautiful morning on the water. 
The snapper somewhat played ball except for a couple that enjoyed their freedom. 

Then on the way home, we didn’t have the baits in the water for any longer than 10 mins before we hooked up and landed a nice little black marlin. 

Couldn’t have asked for a better day in My Backyard. Thanks for day Mick and Brandon 🙌

cheers scratchie!!! 

82B717C7-BC9F-45C7-AD72-67E549A2D754.thumb.jpeg.38cc266ed60b57e42a936a921b7f60f4.jpeg

4548CE41-5E01-4A80-8347-1988BBB5754B.thumb.jpeg.e19eacb2b3fcc3bb6370f99392717a2d.jpegP.S marlin was released to fight another day! 

• Like 27

16 hours ago, Soulman said:

Looks like a great day with great results, in a beautiful part of the world. Nice one.

Cheers mate! Cracking day out 

16 hours ago, Yowie said:

Great work there. Good sized reddies for the plate, then some aerial sport with a beakie.

Just have to go fishing Jeff, cannot catch anything at home (except looking at old photos  🤣)

Hahahahaha you’re right Yowie! Can’t catch anything at home. 

16 hours ago, Basil D said:

Far out Scratchie, Can I play in your backyard 😍

Anytime Basil. There’s been a million tourists up here for weeks 😂

16 hours ago, blaxland said:

Legend Love your work how long is the snapper season up there?

Thanks mate! You can catch snapper year round up here! 

15 hours ago, Restyle said:

Made it look all so easy! Great trip and a very successful trip! Good job, I’m jealous 

Not that easy! Some constant casting in the right areas and then a bit of luck goes a long way 

13 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Good to see you out again Jeff!

I love it how for most offshore anglers, flathead are their sure thing, with snapper being a challenge. For you, snapper are your sure thing, whilst marlin are your challenge!🤣

Hahahahha snapper can be a challenge especially around a full moon. Finding the grounds you are looking for, then a couple of hundred casts and you’re a sure thing! NOT 😂

Marlin on the other hand are pretty easy atm! Just time on water and you’ll find one 👍

2 hours ago, kantong said:

amazing report, love it when a plan comes together! Well done!

Cheers mate! Me too! We didn’t second guess our plan yesterday and were successful 🔥

3 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Great report as usual.

Top photos.

Well done Team.

It was a great team effort!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, XD351 said:

Awesome fish ! God’s country up there !

Thanks! It sure is 🌄 

3 hours ago, Isaac Ct said:

Great stuff Scratchie, brilliant results.

Well done.

Thanks mate! 

1 hour ago, GordoRetired said:

That's what I call a good day out fishing. Great result. Bit surprised that you did not keep the Marlin, smaller ones like that make great eating. 🙂

Great day! We’ve already kept one this season. There was plenty to go around. Still have some, so no biggy letting it go! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pickles said:

Brilliant work Jeff, great feed of snapper & a beanie to go with it - magic

Was a great day Bob! Always great when a plan comes to fruition 

2 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

Wow, your backyard must be Snapper central.  Great report and even greater Snapper with a Marlin thrown in.

Cheers. I love my backyard. There’s no place I’d rather be. Tbh, the fish are just a bonus! 

1 hour ago, Larkin said:

Well done mate! What’s that 3 beakies this season so far

Some nice reds there 👍 good haul

Thanks mate! Yeah we’ve hooked a few more but got a few boatside! Haven’t spent as much time fishing as I would have liked. Commitments always get in the way but my time on the water has been productive 🙌

• Like 1