Dollies Fiesta by the Three Amigos ! ... 3.3.2023

zmk1962

Loved the read and photos mate.That hook in the leg would of made me yelp ouchie!

Even with 3 onboard it looks like you can have a game of cricket on board your ship.

keep up the great work fellas.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Loved the read and photos mate.That hook in the leg would of made me yelp ouchie!

Even with 3 onboard it looks like you can have a game of cricket on board your ship.

keep up the great work fellas.

Hahaha ... yes it made me yelp for sure, plus drop a few choice words. I'm still trying to find time to finish the video and tossing up whether to leave that part in.   Yes devOcean is roomy but like all boats she shrinks on the water.

Cheers Z

2 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Hahaha ... yes it made me yelp for sure, plus drop a few choice words. I'm still trying to find time to finish the video and tossing up whether to leave that part in.   Yes devOcean is roomy but like all boats she shrinks on the water.

Cheers Z

Leave it in that’s the part I look forward to the most.The oceans a big place and even the mighty ships look like a speckle.Hope your knees hold out for many more years to come mate as mine at 48 yrs old is a giving me trouble.Doesn’t help I’m a heavy weight at 128kg.I need to try to get back down to being a lightweight at 100kg.

On 3/5/2023 at 3:20 AM, big Neil said:

Cream always rises to the top! What a cracking report. Heaps of action for the 3 Amigos and plenty of quality fish for the table, fridge, and friends. Shame that you didn't have more livies and that those pesky divers turned up, but you had probably done enough damage to the Dollies population anyway.

Trust that your leg heals up ok.

Beautiful boat Zoran.

bn

Thanks BN. In hindsight I think we had just enough livies - we'd caught enough and it was time to leave some for others.  A few fish went to my neighbours. They put up with a lot. My boat is literally parked under their bedroom window and no matter how quiet we try to be with that final packing, loading ice, gear and the excited crew chit chat just always sounds so loud in the silence of 3-4am. ... but they still talk to me and look after the place when we're away.

@Restyle Thanks and @Little_Flatty Was the report worth waiting for? 

On 3/5/2023 at 7:15 AM, Madkanu said:

Impressive session Zoran!  Hopefully that leg heals up quickly and you’re just left with a little scar to point out when the fishing stories start flying around a table one evening. 

Thanks Rob. The leg is healing fine ... but I have invested in some compound side cutter pliers which are now sitting in my first aid kit to make any future hook removal a lot easier. 

• Like 2

On 3/5/2023 at 7:39 AM, mrsswordfisherman said:

Oh my now THAT is a report!!!

40 yakkas in 40 mins has got to be an FR record :1clap:

Fantastic pics of the day. Two stand out - the one of you operating on your leg injury while the crew keep fishing  :15: and the other is the pic of what I thought at first glimpse was a netted large banana :074:

Well done Team Amigos :clapping:

I am calling your vessel M.A.S.H. from now on!

Thanks Donna ... and also thanks for the awards.

Well I had to self operate as one of the crew had trouble with viewing such injuries (and we would risk having another medical episode on board), and the other was eager to help but with the rocking of the boat I assessed there was risk of extra injury being inflicted with a person hanging onto the hook - it was bad enough having a 70cm dollie hanging off it!

Lots of bananas on the boat for sure - I had another one in my lunch box that didn't make the photo shoot. 

And of course I remember M.A.S.H. ... I grew up with it.... I just could not work out the acronym ... but "Mobile Angler Surgical Hospital" works. 👍  But please do not call during a hot bite - I lost a full 10min of fishing!!!

Cheers Zoran

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2023 at 8:41 AM, Welster said:

You have to love it when a plan comes together with plenty of quality meals coming up for three omigos.  Hopefully your leg heals up without to much fuss.  That's an impressive amount of deck space on Devocean and you needed it for the brag mat! 

Hey Jason, it's especially good when you don't have to resort to Plan B, C, D ...  the dollie meals so far have been delish.  Legs doing fine thanks - no issues - apart from it keeping me out of the pool in this hot weather until the skin is healed!  Yes devOcean is a roomy lady - she's now set a high bar if she is to continue being "a brag mat".  

Have you been out...used up any of those sinkers we cast yet?

@Isaac Ct thanks mate... was a great day.

On 3/5/2023 at 8:56 AM, Larkin said:

What a haul! Well done skipper - got them onto the fish!

Team effort mate .... Team Three Amigos !

On 3/5/2023 at 9:24 AM, jenno64 said:

What a day out! Amazing Post and the sight of the piercing made me shiver! Enjoy those fillets!!!

Thanks mate. Piercing wasn't that bad. I told my daughter, who has multiple ear rings..."Thought I'd be hip so I got a piercing…but didn’t like how it looked ... or where it was … so I took it out myself." 😁

On 3/5/2023 at 10:22 AM, GordoRetired said:

That looks like a great day out. Glad my burley idea helped. 🙂

Thanks Gordo ... it definitely made them hungry and kept them unfulfilled !  We'll i'm putting it down to that. 

Thanks @Fishingwazza2019 and @61 crusher ... I think we had enough by the time the divers turned up. Just shows you have to beat them there. Thanks for you well wishes re legs - they have been through the wars the first 3 months this year !

On 3/5/2023 at 2:15 PM, Yowie said:

Good work there Zoran, and Banana Bob, and Wrx.

The 3 Amigos, or, the 3 #*^&@!   (Larry , Curly, Moe)  :074:

A great catch of dollies, plenty to go around for many feeds.

Mate... i think you need a visit to Spec Savers .... so you can see the resemblance !!!!!!!!!

image.png.0595279bbe0a0ff77c99ebadfbf666da.png

Cheers Zoran

• Haha 4

On 3/5/2023 at 8:02 PM, bessell1955 said:

What a great day!

Thanks mate ... one for the books for sure.

On 3/6/2023 at 2:06 PM, HOOLIGAN2 said:

well done boys so happy they have turned up for you guys !!! great report aswell 

Thanks. Your turn will come ... look forward to that report!

On 3/6/2023 at 2:18 PM, kantong said:

awesome stuff amigos. What a cracking day out!

Thanks kantong ... I'm glad you see the Amigos resemblance as well ... now can you please tell @Yowie !! 

Cheers Z

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

Leave it in that’s the part I look forward to the most.The oceans a big place and even the mighty ships look like a speckle.Hope your knees hold out for many more years to come mate as mine at 48 yrs old is a giving me trouble.Doesn’t help I’m a heavy weight at 128kg.I need to try to get back down to being a lightweight at 100kg.

You just want to hear me squeal like a little girl .... 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Hey Jason, it's especially good when you don't have to resort to Plan B, C, D ...  the dollie meals so far have been delish.  Legs doing fine thanks - no issues - apart from it keeping me out of the pool in this hot weather until the skin is healed!  Yes devOcean is a roomy lady - she's now set a high bar if she is to continue being "a brag mat".  

Have you been out...used up any of those sinkers we cast yet?

Hi Zoran,

No trips for me unfortunately.  The year hasn’t started that well really and there has been plenty of other family things happening.  I am very keen and long overdue to get out on the water, hopefully it happens soon. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

image.png.0595279bbe0a0ff77c99ebadfbf666da.png

Cheers Zoran

I do not need Specsavers, as I cannot see any resemblance between the above 3, and the 'top of this thread' ''3-in-the-boat'' threesome.  :074:

9 hours ago, Yowie said:

I do not need Specsavers, as I cannot see any resemblance between the above 3, and the 'top of this thread' ''3-in-the-boat'' threesome.  :074:

Ok! Ok! … I now realize your condition is much worse. You might need those cataracts finally taken care of, and then SpecSavers. Also please switch to SPs and give sniffing the bait a rest. Then please visit the shrink, coz this is a family friendly forum and if you’re imagining a threesome involving the three onboard🫣- YOU NEED HELP mate!

cheers Z-Amigo 

10 hours ago, Welster said:

Hi Zoran,

No trips for me unfortunately.  The year hasn’t started that well really and there has been plenty of other family things happening.  I am very keen and long overdue to get out on the water, hopefully it happens soon. 

Sorry to hear Jason… hope everything works out mate. 
cheers Z

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Ok! Ok! … I now realize your condition is much worse. You might need those cataracts finally taken care of, and then SpecSavers. Also please switch to SPs and give sniffing the bait a rest. Then please visit the shrink, coz this is a family friendly forum and if you’re imagining a threesome involving the three onboard🫣- YOU NEED HELP mate!

cheers Z-Amigo 

I am beyond help Zoran.  :074:

Down here at Pambula, a big nor-easter blew up 2 days ago and the water temp dropped by 3 degrees or more, and the fish have gone quiet.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Yowie said:

I am beyond help Zoran.  :074:

Down here at Pambula, a big nor-easter blew up 2 days ago and the water temp dropped by 3 degrees or more, and the fish have gone quiet.

May the weather gods shine on you  buddy… but there’s always a bright side - bet you Mrs Yowie is happy to have a break from fish on the menu 🤣

cheers Z

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

May the weather gods shine on you  buddy… but there’s always a bright side - bet you Mrs Yowie is happy to have a break from fish on the menu 🤣

cheers Z

Had to buy some from the fish man in the van park, and I bought, wait for it, gummy shark fillets.

Pan fried in crushed corn flake crumbs, and it was quite nice. But, don't tell anyone. 🤣

• Haha 2