Cooking on board

fredflathead

7 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

@fredflathead it just occurred to me that I missed out on commenting about "reheating" food options onboard which is a lot simpler in many ways than "cooking".  The best, simplest and probably cheapest units I have found that works is one of these (I use it on the boat and in the car).  Retails for about $60 (but you can find them for $40) in all the three letter stores, the big snake store and also online. 

image.thumb.png.8c76011b75fbc8afa07d4093d6311f3c.png

It wont crisp things but it will get them piping hot as it warms up to about 120C !!!!   It will take 2 of these foil trays (8x5x2in) and if you cover them with a lid, you can stack the trays to warm at the same time - just rotate them around as the heat source is at the bottom. 

image.thumb.png.af4cd4f371bac30ab874924fcefbf3e0.png

image.thumb.png.53ab79f762338bd5e3c464c19ca88b61.png

The unit will also cook some stuff from scratch - eg I had a go at cooking some corn cobs ! ... but it took a while !

image.png.190c018ec142f734398552d362c2140b.png

If you youtube this stove (12V portable stove) - you will find a lot of truckers use them and even post their recipes !!!

Stay warm ... fish longer ... I say.  (Which is probably why @Fab1 is not into fluffing about making hot food onboard 😂)

Cheers Zoran

Time on the water goes real quick without having to stuff around.Quick and easy wins it for me.At 126kg at manly sexiness even if I didn’t eat on boat no one would notice.😂😂

I like Zorans style. Mate has the travel buddy in his boat and we do pies over winter (well actually most of the time). Always get a laugh when other boaties are on the radio thinking they can smell the Bakery after we go past.

Lots of us use the single burners up at Eucumbene to do breakfast/lunch on the water due to early starts. I  put mine up the front under cover and try to protect as best as possible from the wind. Its a freshwater lake so no need for a thermos. (Plunger coffee on my boat)

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 11:11 AM, XD351 said:

There is at least one of those stoves out at browns mountain - my mate was cooking on a game boat and the stove caught fire , it went over the side along with lunch :074:

- cold KFC.

There is also a new Scan Pan in the bay at Taronga Zoo, was cooking the kids Bacon & Eggs when a slight wave made the pan slide straight off the bait board and into the water.

Happy to say after getting home and washing the boat, i ducked out to the shops and bought another new Scan pan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Welster said:

I am yet to cook on board or reheat on board but have on occasion ordered a pizza delivered to the nearest wharf. 

Now thats ingenuity!  Love it !

Cheers Zoran

• Like 1