Port Stephens- Blessed

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Firstly, for all you good people in lockdown. Thank you for doing the right thing and I hope everything goes in the right direction soon. 

For me, I’m blessed to live where I do and today I got out with @back cruncher for a bit of a snapper flick. We’ve been spending some time doing a few different things and fishing a few different areas. 
It has been fairly quiet of late and today seemed to be no exception but we kept working hard and were rewarded with a couple of beauties! 
As I always say “just keep casting” 

cheers scratchie!!! 

FAA89519-8AFF-4B1B-AA0D-9DA4A69AA5D4.thumb.jpeg.f4b831480b30cfd50f1e556a8ca091d9.jpeg

25E409E3-F2E2-442F-B63C-55D12B22B76C.thumb.jpeg.ff4544d11c8762eec950ef8c0547ae53.jpeg

AEA8C7AF-DC36-45DF-8EC1-CD36C6B2AD60.thumb.jpeg.24a43760b2e5160f8114e4d610bb49ec.jpeg

• Like 25

As above Scratchie. Nice fish. Interesting the plastic lure in the photo. We found it tough going on Saturday with a 60cm model on a blue and pink Bait Junkie then a few pannies on another rod with smaller gear with 4-5" paddle tails. I was hesitant to change colours based on the initial success however in hind sight I wonder if a colour/style change should have been implemented earlier. Switched eventually to bait in deeper water & monstered by unseen/uncaught things that chewed up the gear. The shadow on the sounder suggested the dreaded 'Jackets sent us home early in time for lunch and just beat the strong wind change.

Kept the bigger model & fillet/skinned (left scales on) & pan fried with seasoned flour & a light ginger rub.

Thanks for the report.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Brendan Monks said:

Absolute donkies mate!! 😁

Sure am jealous seeing this while we are in lockdown, but someone has to do it! 😂 I'll be towing up as soon as we are out. lol

Love the photos!!! 👌

Cheers Brendan. Lockdown is definitely disappointing and I feel for you all. A Good time to sort out all your gear though 😄

13 hours ago, big Neil said:

Good onya Jeff . Thanks for posting those fantastic results. bn

Thanks BN. Hard work= results 

13 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Crackers   still hate you

😘😘😘

13 hours ago, dirvin21 said:

Awesome fish as always Jeff, again I burn with jealousy 

Cheers Dave. You’ve ticked a few good fish yourself lately. This one will come soon enough 

12 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Nice reddies Jeff. How dark is that humpy...hes been playing in the mud

Thanks Sam. It was a weird looking fish. One of the biggest heads I’ve seen too! 

12 hours ago, tobycb said:

Great fish Jeff, well done boys!

Thanks Toby 🤙

12 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Nice work guys 👍

Doing something like that looks like a pipe dream to many of us at the moment..................but someone's got to do it :thumbup:

Cheers KC. Yes mate, hence the title- blessed 😇 

12 hours ago, Squiddly said:

Great couple of fish. I was up that way last week for work unfortunately i could only go between job site to motel so fishing gear stayed at home.

Thanks mate and thanks for doing the right thing too 🤙

11 hours ago, Yowie said:

A couple of very nice reddies there Scratchie, and a few good feeds to be had. 

Looking forward to diner Yowie that’s for sure!!! 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hoods said:

As above Scratchie. Nice fish. Interesting the plastic lure in the photo. We found it tough going on Saturday with a 60cm model on a blue and pink Bait Junkie then a few pannies on another rod with smaller gear with 4-5" paddle tails. I was hesitant to change colours based on the initial success however in hind sight I wonder if a colour/style change should have been implemented earlier. Switched eventually to bait in deeper water & monstered by unseen/uncaught things that chewed up the gear. The shadow on the sounder suggested the dreaded 'Jackets sent us home early in time for lunch and just beat the strong wind change.

Kept the bigger model & fillet/skinned (left scales on) & pan fried with seasoned flour & a light ginger rub.

Thanks for the report.

Cheers mate! 

Firstly, those chew offs were more than likely barracuda. Plenty of them out deeper atm and some real size to them. 
As for plastics, well that’s a tough one but I always start out using the same lure I caught my last fish on. Then I will change from there. It has been tough going so a good fish each for Mick and Me were rewards for plenty of casts! 🤙

6 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Top stuff guys. That’s a truly inspirational catch for most of us… 

Thanks for sharing and keep it coming. 

cheers Zoran 

Thanks Zoran. Always fun searching and coming up trumps 

6 hours ago, Blackfish said:

Great fish again there Jeff, especially love the second photo with that cloud cover, really frames the subjects. 👍

Cheers mate. Yeah I like it too. Mick did a good job with the photo 

5 hours ago, dlvbw said:

Sooooooo good mate. Put a smile on my face! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. Glad it did 🤙

5 hours ago, Rebel said:

Super reddies. Well done. Haven't lost your touch.

Thanks rebel. 

55 minutes ago, bessell1955 said:

Wow, I can taste them from here! :047:

Hahaha! They do taste good 👍 

11 minutes ago, Rummers said:

I might as well be in lockdown with the amount of fish I’m catching! 😂

well done mate! Great fish

Just stick at it mate and trust the process! 

• Thanks 1

Top report and excellent result as always Jeff - a really nice pair of reds - soooo jealous.

(It’s been over a month since I was able to get out, but we’ve all got to live within our limits and there’ll be plenty of time, fish and fellow raiders to enjoy when the restrictions pass, so hanging out for it)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pickles said:

Top report and excellent result as always Jeff - a really nice pair of reds - soooo jealous.

(It’s been over a month since I was able to get out, but we’ve all got to live within our limits and there’ll be plenty of time, fish and fellow raiders to enjoy when the restrictions pass, so hanging out for it)

Thanks Bob. 
Yes mate, things are certainly tough atm. You’ll definitely enjoy that freedom on the other side. Hang in there champ!