Members Boats.

Ken A

6 hours ago, XD351 said:

I think my little polycraft would fit inside that big beauty! One hell of a boat you have there Zoran!

Thanks Ian ... you seem to do alright in the poly ... its not all about the size! 

And yes it's big ... one big tease at the moment ... I managed to tear the meniscus in both knees so all I have been able to do is look at the big beast in the driveway while all that hot water was sloshing around Sydney.  Hope to be well enough to take her out next week.

Cheers Zoran

Edited by zmk1962
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

By mistake I originally posted this in the general boating section. Here it is in the right spot. (hopefully)

I have just finished a refirb on my early Coast ranger. They are fairly scarce and this was hull number 7. Came up pretty well.

Tom

resized.jpg

• Like 4

Thank you dunc333, I am very happy with how it has come up. I was told (and I believe) that the 90 Johnson V4 was original fitment. It also has a 15hp Johnson of the exact same vintage as an auxiliary but I only put that on when traveling well off shore. The exterior paint had been peppered with road gravel so there was a fair bit of rubbing down and prep work before painting. The interior was very sad with the cushion material falling apart at the lightest touch and the paint rubbed through all over. I sewed up new cushions and did some "fancy" speck effect paint on the interior surfaces. I am retired now and live 500 mtrs from a boat ramp on the east coast of Tasmania so it gets used whenever I see the weather is good. In fact tomorrow it looks ideal to take the wife for a run over to Maria Island (and maybe catch some flatties on the way)

Sorry for the documentary :) 

Tom  

Inside specks.jpg

DSC_0470 resize.jpg

Cabin interior.jpg

• Like 5

The 90 goes really well, just a bit thirsty. It has an 80ltr under floor tank and it was over half full when i left for a outing today. Thought I had plenty in reserve but would you believe I ran out literally 50mtr short of the ramp on return. Good old paddles! Very happy with the old girl.....and the boats not bad either :)

Tom 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is my boat. 7.5m (24.5ft) plate alloy 115HP hydraulic dampened tiller steer. Self draining decks. Does on average 3km (1.6nm) per litre at 21 Knot cruise. 190 litre fuel tank under the floor. Less than 2,000kg towing fully loaded. I'm still sorting the fit out and weight distribution for long distance, multiday camping adventures. I might put a pop top tent/casting deck up front. My last trip was 215km over 5 days, working up to bigger trips. Yes, I couldn't resist having the Deckee logo on the side :) DeckeeBackground.thumb.jpg.077478851821f1ea31218ee1cdef5ce8.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, riveRecon said:

This is my boat. 7.5m (24.5ft) plate alloy 115HP hydraulic dampened tiller steer. Self draining decks. Does on average 3km (1.6nm) per litre at 21 Knot cruise. 190 litre fuel tank under the floor. Less than 2,000kg towing fully loaded. I'm still sorting the fit out and weight distribution for long distance, multiday camping adventures. I might put a pop top tent/casting deck up front. My last trip was 215km over 5 days, working up to bigger trips. Yes, I couldn't resist having the Deckee logo on the side :) DeckeeBackground.thumb.jpg.077478851821f1ea31218ee1cdef5ce8.jpg

Welcome to the forum @riveRecon look forward to reports from your trips ;) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, riveRecon said:

Good luck with your refit choices and subsequent trips out in her riveRecon. Keep us all posted with your changes and future adventures. Cheers, bn

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My boat ...the Twinfisher belonging to former member Geoff

Ive added a second sounder, 9 inch Lowrance, rod holders, a bait board, new marine VHF radio and new AM/FM radio and speakers, dual battery system, replaced the anchor lights ...

Trailer has new coupling, new hubs, new bearings and new brakes

Motor is fully serviced including a replaced gearbox bearing which was corroded. Unfortunately the marine mechanics had some sort of accident when water testing the boat and damaged the rear sponsons, one side had a hole right through it. After days of arguing and several threats of legal action they agreed to fix it, but by this time I didnt want them touching the boat any more so i took it to a reputable aluminium boat manufacturer in Nowra who did an amazing job replacing all the damage with 4mm plate. 

webby.jpg

Edited by Derny Driver
x
  • Like 5

• 3 months later...

Hi all, new to Deckee. I have a 12ft tinnie with a 2 stroke 5hp on the back as seen in photos attached. Do you think it would be safe for me to take it in Sydney Harbour? I have only ever had it on lakes or in the Hawkesbury river. I would love to get out on the harbour and explore/target kings. Has anyone else taken a 5hp on the harbour, it it safe?

Image (16).jpg

Image (15).jpg

9 minutes ago, ZMJ23 said:

Hi all, new to Deckee. I have a 12ft tinnie with a 2 stroke 5hp on the back as seen in photos attached. Do you think it would be safe for me to take it in Sydney Harbour? I have only ever had it on lakes or in the Hawkesbury river. I would love to get out on the harbour and explore/target kings. Has anyone else taken a 5hp on the harbour, it it safe?

Image (16).jpg

Image (15).jpg

Sydney Harbour is a big place and there would be lots of areas where you would be ok with your tinnie. However, the further you go from the boat ramp the more risk of being stranded should you have something go wrong. I would suggest heading out with a companion and investing in a pair of paddles as an absolute minimum. Hopefully, some other Fishraiders will offer their opinion.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

bn

I haven’t done it with a 5 hp but I used to fish middle harbour with a couple of mates in a12ft tinny and a 10hp motor . The area circled in red ( known as the sound ) is a place I would avoid with your set up as the ocean swells roll right in here and if you get a run out tide with a wind running the same direction the wind swell and current smash into the ocean swell and turn this into place your boat doesn’t want to be ! If you stick to the eastern shore and channel ( green circle ) you should be ok - the western channel ( blue circle ) is always busy with traffic - usually big boats and ferries which can swamp small boats , I would give this area a miss unless you can get into Clifton gardens a bit more and get out of the shipping channel . Under the bridge is always rough going and if you have to go through there stick to the milsons point side - just stay out wide enough to avoid anyone’s lines . Rose bay ramp is probably your only option to launch unless you like spending half a day getting out there !

You could also look at around the spit bridge and upstream from it - you get kingies up there as well and it is way more calmer and safer for small boats . The amount of traffic out in middle harbour nowadays is just insane - I fished there in October last year and came home with a sore neck because I found I had to keep looking around to make sure no one ran over us - one yacht missed us by a few metres - I had to sound the little air horn I keep in my fishing bag because the skipper of the yacht couldn’t see my white 4.2m boat -apparently. Oh yeah ! make sure all your safety gear is up to spec as you will get a visit from either waterways or police !

Don’t forget you can get kingies in Pittwater at the right time of year .
 IMG_0599.thumb.jpeg.5263030df62bb03a587654c02bf6e4e8.jpeg

54 minutes ago, XD351 said:

I haven’t done it with a 5 hp but I used to fish middle harbour with a couple of mates in a12ft tinny and a 10hp motor . The area circled in red ( known as the sound ) is a place I would avoid with your set up as the ocean swells roll right in here and if you get a run out tide with a wind running the same direction the wind swell and current smash into the ocean swell and turn this into place your boat doesn’t want to be ! If you stick to the eastern shore and channel ( green circle ) you should be ok - the western channel ( blue circle ) is always busy with traffic - usually big boats and ferries which can swamp small boats , I would give this area a miss unless you can get into Clifton gardens a bit more and get out of the shipping channel . Under the bridge is always rough going and if you have to go through there stick to the milsons point side - just stay out wide enough to avoid anyone’s lines . Rose bay ramp is probably your only option to launch unless you like spending half a day getting out there !

You could also look at around the spit bridge and upstream from it - you get kingies up there as well and it is way more calmer and safer for small boats . The amount of traffic out in middle harbour nowadays is just insane - I fished there in October last year and came home with a sore neck because I found I had to keep looking around to make sure no one ran over us - one yacht missed us by a few metres - I had to sound the little air horn I keep in my fishing bag because the skipper of the yacht couldn’t see my white 4.2m boat -apparently. Oh yeah ! make sure all your safety gear is up to spec as you will get a visit from either waterways or police !

Don’t forget you can get kingies in Pittwater at the right time of year .
 IMG_0599.thumb.jpeg.5263030df62bb03a587654c02bf6e4e8.jpeg

Thanks for all the info mate. I was rock fishing off Debroyd Head and saw how rough it was out where you have circled red. My boat is kept legally on the foreshore at Burns Bay reserve in Lane Cove River so that will always be my starting point. I have circled where my boat is located on the map and the blue circles are where i wanna go. Getting to your map attached above would be quite slow and difficult for me, i do really appreciate the information though. I have all the necessary safety equipment to ensure i meet maritime requirements.

Harbour.PNG

It’s going to take a while to get there ! Provided you obey the laws there you will be ok , give circular quay a wide berth and stay away from the naval waters at garden island ! One trick with going under the bridge in a small boat is to ride in the wake of a big boat - use it to iron out the bumpy stuff !  Make sure you have plenty of fuel ! 

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2024 at 11:18 AM, ZMJ23 said:

My daughter has taken her 12ft Tinnie and 15hp, from Rydalmere to Manly, its pretty hairy depending on time going through the Harbour Bridge / Quay area.

She had no drama as she has been driving boats through there, since she was 12yrs old, going through the heads area is another part where the swell can really pick up, so its a matter of picking you days.

The biggest issue is the 5hp, not having enough power to get you out of trouble.

if i was you i would limit my area to just before the harbour bridge as you can keep close to shore and away from all the 40ft cruisers who belt down the river.