Port Stephens- morning snaps!

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Just a quick report. 
Headed out today with @back cruncher and started early around 4am. A bit sketchy heading out in the pitch dark, with smoke filled sky but we took our time and filled up on slimies! 
Got up to the island and began our drift. Nothing really happening and many casts and I finally managed a pannie! Do a few more drifts for no result except those bloody mutton birds trying to pick up everything we cast. So we move on and finally find a patch of fish. I loaded up to a few nice ones and Mick made a rookie error and didn’t set the hook on his chance! Moved a few more times for no result. Then on the last few drifts, Mick loads up to a screamer and doesn’t forget to set the hook this time. The lines singing and without a chance to turn its head, crunch!!! Leader on the teeth and gone! We were both pretty devastated but it was good to see Mick load up on a decent fish on soft plastics. Next step is to land the bastard! 
Left not long after that. Great morning out there and thanks for the day Mick! 
cheers scratchie!!! 907F3624-01B5-41C9-9B4A-E7AF16F6577D.jpeg.0624d9ede6854ab8825d43b040908396.jpegAEE9F16E-AC6D-40CF-AF37-7D12A8164E00.thumb.jpeg.67041690418daa3b559f585a5329c92a.jpeg

• Like 19

6 hours ago, the skipper said:

Nice reds Jeff .. 

Cheers Paul

6 hours ago, Sillek70 said:

Nice catch boys, looks like it was beautiful weather out there.

Thanks. Absolute cracker of a day. Nothing like the forecast the day before. 

5 hours ago, Blackfish said:

Nice Snaps there Scratchie. 👍

Thanks mate

4 hours ago, Waza said:

A very tasty creel there 👍

Cheers. Can’t wait to tuck in! 

3 hours ago, Yowie said:

A good feed there Scratchie.

If you hook a mutton, I heard they are NOT good eating anyway (from an old timer) :lol:

Cheers yowie! Mutton bird pie tastes good I’m lead to believe 😝

3 hours ago, Rebel said:

Great report as usual.

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Formosan said:

nice work mate.always cathcing them.

Thanks bud! Work hard for them. Sometimes! Haha 😂 

2 hours ago, tobycb said:

Well done again Scratchie!

Thanks toby 

1 hour ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Typical  rest of week off  and bloody noreasters taking over    ps  nice fish jeff

Cheers bud. Yep N/E early too! Hopefully a good summer season ahead. 

1 hour ago, jnrfinatic said:

Nice feed there @Scratchie! Always come back with nice results! 

Well done 

Adem 

Thanks Adem. We do work hard for our fish. Sometimes you just have to move to find them. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 61 crusher said:

Great looking esky of fish & overcast flat seas there Jeff, sounds like Mick’s snapper was hungry & wolfed down a 5” plastic

well done guys👍

Thanks champ! 
No mick was using a 7inch pilchard zman. It didn’t bite, it inhaled it and off it went! 

23 minutes ago, back cruncher said:

Hi all...great day out today scratchie,thanks mate.

we named that snapper that keeps doing us in all the time.we named him whiskers.because he has so much fishing line hanging out of his mouth,it looks like he’s got whiskers.

Great day out thanks Mick! 
Yep, on the last three trips we’ve been done in by this snapper in the same spot! We’ll get whiskers next time! Hopefully, lol 😝 

6 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Well done, Scratchie and BackCruncher! I was going to fish today but decided to tackle a landscaping job instead.... earning my brownie points and banking them for later!

Make sure you keep track of the "brownie points" Baz, there is often a level of forgetfulness when the BOSS comes to honour the deal. LOL. Sounds like things are still firing up there at PS, so don't wait too long. You don't want to get there the day after Jeff has caught them all eh? Cheers, bn

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Welster said:

Scratchie you are so consistent on the reds well done once again. 

Cheers mate! Persistent=consistent 

10 hours ago, nbdshroom said:

Top effort on the reds Jeff! 👍👍👍

Thanks Pete! 

3 hours ago, big Neil said:

Good to read that you're still catching them up there Jeff. Keep at it, your reports are always worth reading. bn

Thanks BN. Plenty of snapper year round up here. It sometimes just takes a while to find them!