Farewell to a Fishraider

Oscarthebeagle

Hi

It is with sadness that I announce that my Father @hookerbruce sadly passed away last week.

His actual name was Bruce Robinson he was a fine fisherman and a wonderful person.

He enjoyed this forum and posted to this site for over a decade, I don't know who he actually msged with on here, but I thought it was best to make a post to let people know what has happen.

He loved his fishing and passed on that love to his Brothers-in-laws, his children, his grandchildren and many friends. He was always happy to talk fishing and loved every aspect of the sport from simple fishing trips on his local Port Hacking to chasing exotic species in Northern Australia. He was perhaps happiest at South West Rocks with his last fishing trip, in early August this year, being chasing Blackfish off the wall there.

He shared his knowledge with many and will be missed by all who knew him.

Thankyou for reading, if you get a chance maybe have a read of some of his old reports.

As a favour to him and me next time you are frustrated and haven't fished for ages, take the next sunny day and just go, there is no guarantee you will get that chance later.

Ash.

IMG_5609-2.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 24

Ash,

That's very sad news. Sincere condolences to you and your family. Bruce will be sorely missed from this community and he had many friends here. He certainly leaves a legacy of excellent anglers in yourself, his grandkids and many of his family and friends. He can leave this world very proud of his achievements and with many memories of superb adventures on the water and otherwise.

I'm glad to hear that he was able to fish until almost the end. We are lucky as anglers that we can have something that brings us so much joy and make our worldly worries disappear in an instant. You are right, we must all get out and fish as much as we can. I will be sure to take this advice.

Thinking of you and your family during this difficult time.

Mike

• Like 4

I am so so sorry for your family's loss Ash, I had the privilege to fish with him multiple times during the holidays for blackfish on the Georges and he was always happy to share info on how to catch anything and everything.

Thinking of you and your family in this time, I will miss his reports. 

RIP Bruce

• Like 2