Swr croc

kobi caught a fish

After getting to swr last night,this afternoon we went out for a few hours. We started off pumping nippers in the arm then went and got livies. We decided to fish in the arm to start with near a rock wall and a creek mouth. I cast a livie into the mouth of the creek then almost instantly had a good hit then the fish went into the main channel and moved slowly in the current. After a few tense minutes we had the fish in the net. We also got a small black spot cod which was quickly released and a few bream and another smaller flathead. The flathead was landed on 2kg line on live herring it was 93cm and an estimated 6kg and swam off strong.

kobiD4FF80B8-FAB4-405F-A78B-0D87CBA93552.thumb.jpeg.aec0fba1da8289a3f616b7baa384c5b5.jpegBAFBF4BB-2D7A-4061-84D6-148D9E61F3AA.thumb.jpeg.df0fc5dc3e0a75bafaf6b30345fe869b.jpeg559F854B-44D8-44A0-92EA-3417304CB2BD.thumb.jpeg.62d5f71c30947b3b3a25c9f942e8e131.jpeg

Edited by kobi caught a fish
  • Like 20

15 minutes ago, Little_Flatty said:

That's a stonker flathead Kobi. I noticed you fish really light, even with live baits. Is this because you find you're more successful with the lighter line?

I’ve just always fished light gear, I have fished and ansa my whole life and used 1-2kg line since I was 2 years old so I am just used to fishing light gear these days 

• Like 3

That's a cracker of a Flathead, especially considering the very light gear you use. You must have played it really well, given there was a reasonable current to contend with. Do you lose many fish as a result of fishing extremely light? Very well done. bn

8 hours ago, kobi caught a fish said:

I’ve just always fished light gear, I have fished and ansa my whole life and used 1-2kg line since I was 2 years old so I am just used to fishing light gear these days 

Ah yes I forgot about your family history with ansa records. That makes a fish like that even more of an achievement! Well done.

15 hours ago, Larkin said:

Now thats a big flatty!

well done 👍

Thanks

15 hours ago, Restyle said:

stonker crock! good job! 

Thankyou 

8 hours ago, big Neil said:

That's a cracker of a Flathead, especially considering the very light gear you use. You must have played it really well, given there was a reasonable current to contend with. Do you lose many fish as a result of fishing extremely light? Very well done. bn

Thanks, we don’t loose many fish using lighter gear since we have always used the type of gear.

8 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Ah yes I forgot about your family history with ansa records. That makes a fish like that even more of an achievement! Well done.

Thanks

6 hours ago, LuckyFil said:

Magnificent fish Kobi!

Sounds like @hookerbrucetaught you well with the light line skills.

Cheers

Fil 

Thanks, yes he did

5 hours ago, TheFishosGrill said:

Awesome fish Kobi and on some light line!!!

The addiction is real.. let this be a first of many to come!!

Thanks, hopefully

3 hours ago, Rebel said:

Nice Flathead.

Well done.

Top photos.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Oscarthebeagle said:

Well done Kobi, that is a cracker of a Flathead and will be hard to beat on the annual family fridge PB's!!

Ash

P.S. Tyler you can add your Cod to the fridge as well.

Hopefully it will get beaten and Tyler was putting his cod on anyway since you put striped grunted and butterfish on there.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jenno64 said:

That is an absolute corker Kobi! Very skilfully landed on 2kg silly string...you must have hooked it in the jaw:) Congrats, best croc of the year so far!

Thanks, I was using two snelled hooks had one hook in lip and one somewhere in its mouth.

18 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

Very, very nice Flattie!

Thanks

18 hours ago, Bryant fish said:

Great fish  mate well done

Thanks

17 hours ago, Isaac Ct said:

Nice job Kobi, finally beating that 60cm. Good to see you onto some fish early in the holidays.

Thankyou

15 hours ago, Pickles said:

Well done young man, a great fish and well angled (had to beat nippers as bait), fishing out of a boat??

Did you get the herring near the boat ramp?

Thanks, no I walk up through mangroves and oysters to a creek mouth and we got the herring across the river from the boat ramp

• Like 2